What is this little guy?

• fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Pulling out the duck boat this evening, we came across this little guy. Some type of salamander?

I’ll do a search later when done packing.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Looks like big ole walleye bait to me!!! I’ve always heard of them buy have yet to see one, cool pic.

deertracker

Basic salamander isn’t it?

DT

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Tiger salamander.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Tiger salamander.

X2

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

That would be the tiger salamander. And they are awesome bait for all kinds of species.

The storm must had woke them up today. They were crawling all over at work into the building.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Had an entire egress window of a new house we were painting covered with them. Nasty

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

Tiger salamander.

X2

X3

Mark

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Tiger! We used to find those as a kid.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Me, too. Although they were prized because they were a much more rare find that the American toads, wood frogs, common tree frogs, and cricket frogs that frequented our yard.

coleycrawler
    Minneapolis

SOOO CUTE! I haven’t seen a salamander for a long time. Used to catch them when I was a kid all the time. Cool find!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

Me, too. Although they were prized because they were a much more rare find that the American toads, wood frogs, common tree frogs, and cricket frogs that frequented our yard.

They made decent pets too. They didn’t seem to stress out living in an aquarium and had no problem eating whatever you gave them.

I grew up by the 100 Twin Drive in. We would find all sorts of critters in the sand dunes, which is kind of surprising, but a few inches into the sand and it was cool and damp. We found mostly toads and salamanders.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

We used to find skinks with blue tails. Those were the coolest!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yeah skinks are pretty cool, but tough to catch…unless you just want a squirming blue tail as a pet.

We didn’t have those growing up or at least I didn’t see any. I would think they would have love the sandy dunes and prairie like features. I’ve seen plenty as an adult though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.