Hiway 55 Crash

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sad story ahead.

I went out to lunch and there was a cop blocking West bound 55 and directing traffic.

Heard a traffic report on the way back and heard there was an accident, so I checked Kare 11. Apparently a mini van and a side dumping semi truck were involved. The semi driver didn’t make it as his cab went up in flames.

Idiot woman ran a red light and she made it out alive.

Story

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Sad deal.

On Tuesday I witnessed a 15 yo on a bike get hit on HWY 65 in ham lake. He was flown to the hospital in critical condition. Difficult to get those images out of your head.

deertracker

The worst thing Ive eve heard was someone burning up in a truck and I couldn’t do anything about it. Ottertail had a double fatal two nights ago.
    DT

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I hope they throw the book at her. Jail time and loss of everything! She doesn’t deserve to be the survivor.

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

Prayers to the family of the truck driver.

Feel bad also for the mini van driver for making the word decision in their life.

timmy

Horrid.

Prayers for all involved.

I’ll hold off on forming an opinion of the mini-van driver until the story is done being told. There are two sides to all stories.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

We shall see. Every account so far has said the driver made an illegal turn on a red.

But I suppose if it is a teenager or elderly person, my thoughts on this will change.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Since we all run through “orange” lights everyday I think we should wait to pass judgement on a women that has no doubt a long road ahead of her…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I am pretty sure my judgement will have no affect either way…and speak for yourself and your orange lights.

icefisherman
    MN

Sucks for everyone involved, including family and friends.
    My condolences to everyone affected by this tragic event.

moler02
    Iowa, Knoxville

Would be willing to bet everyone has accidently gone thru a red light or stop sign.

FryDog62

Pray for her as much as the guy who died. He’s in a better place, she has to live with it.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

Would be willing to bet everyone has accidently gone thru a red light or stop sign.

I have…more than once. Thank the Lord I’ve never hurt anyone doing so.

dld24

I was going to say goodness Suzuki, everyone makes mistakes. I’m sure that person feels horrible about it, if she was drunk then ya throw the book, but it sounds like it was just an accident, feel bad for both families

dld24

And pugs why would your judgment change if it was a teen or senior?? Rules to the road are the same no matter what age, if you can’t remember or obey them then you shouldn’t be on the road…

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Most peoples ‘mistakes’ don’t cost someone their life.

I am amazed/appalled at the horrible/dangerous/stupid driving I see everyday and that there aren’t more fatalities everyday. ‘We’ as a whole let each other get away with it constantly, so why not bend/stretch/break the law and/or bounds of common sense when no-one is going to hold you accountable for it.

As my father stated when he retired (state trooper), there has been a massive shift in the mindsets of drivers from understanding they got caught doing something they shouldn’t and accept the responsibility to it being his fault for calling them out on it. That was 15 years ago and from what I see it’s only gotten worse.

So am I a heartless _____________ for calling it like it is, maybe, but attitudes won’t change until the culture of apathy comes to a halt.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

And pugs why would your judgment change if it was a teen or senior?? Rules to the road are the same no matter what age, if you can’t remember or obey them then you shouldn’t be on the road…

For the same reason teenagers can’t drink and seniors get special discounts. Figure it out.

I found out through Facebook Michelle’s friends grandma who is 100 years old was the victim of a hit and run in St. Paul. He was 92 and an avid motorcyclist!

That news, hiway 55 and the fire in Winona…what a day.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

In my line of work, we no longer call them “accidents”. They are crashes because there is no such thing as an accident.
    Every bad thing that happens has a cause behind it. Tired driver, alcohol, inexperience, speed, etc. I firmly believe that theory.
    I have been ivolved in several fatal motor vehicles and there was always a cause behind the deaths.
    I feel for both the driver and the victim. Everybody ends up paying a price in a crash that involves death.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

I feel for both the driver and the victim. Everybody ends up paying a price in a crash that involves death.

Yup, sad all the way around

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.