Urban Fishing

• stevew
    Burnsville, MN

I really enjoy running out to fish close to home – favorite spots Hidden Falls, North Park and the park area on the other side just across from the U – just south of Bohemian Flats. Good stuff – great cats and generally peaceful and clean… The other night, I went down to Lilydale to fish off one of the exposed wing dams. WHAT A PIGPEN! beer and pop bottles and cans, cig packages, bait and fishing tackle bags/packaging – – and….. Personal lube and prophylactic packages. What goes on down there do you suppose? Not a pleasant experience!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

It’s a well know spot for homosexual men to meet up. But I agree, clean up your trash and get a hotel room!!

-J.

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

They all park at the far end of the parking lot and do a dance with their interior and exterior lighting, i’m sure some kind of code…

When I launch there I tend to try and drive to that side of the parking lot – park next to any of the cars there – grab my camera, get out of the car and just start snapping pictures – tends to clear the parking lot pretty quickly.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Quote:

They all park at the far end of the parking lot and do a dance with their interior and exterior lighting, i’m sure some kind of code…

Ah, the ol’ Blackdog trick, eh?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

So that was you Jakob? Thanks, you ruined a beautiful moment.

I wonder if short shorts guys still lives upstream from there.

Seriously, it does get pretty depressing seeing all that garbage on shorelines. I’m the kind of guy who will circle back or have the driver circle back to grab a floating bottle or plastic bag someone dumped in the water.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

2 brights and one brake will get you a dozen willowcats, and 3 brights with no brake will get you a dozen 7-9″ bullheads. Its the bait black market and you didn’t hear it from me. You guys should try it out sometime. good prices too

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Oh I see what you did there.

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Quote:

2 brights and one brake will get you a dozen willowcats, and 3 brights with no brake will get you a dozen 7-9″ bullheads. Its the bait black market and you didn’t hear it from me. You guys should try it out sometime. good prices too

LOL well played.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

You guys ruined what would have been a very interesting post come Monday morning after someone’s inception into this so called black market.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What the ‘ell are you guys talking about?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Look who’s playing dumb.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

What the ‘ell are you guys talking about?

Exactly……

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Fishing sight huh…

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

It’s toe taping,and Strategically placed bags here @ MSP

It won’t get ya bait,it may get you a US.Senator

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Senator was just trying to get a tug at the end of his pole like the rest of us.

We have seen what Mr. Ralph does with his sturgeon and guys do with flat heads in their kayaks

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Quote:

Oh I see what you did there.

Oh my, it appears that Minnesotans do know about sodomy. My appologies.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

We do know about it. We just aren’t experts like Sconis.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

That’s not sodomy, it’s bestiality. There’s a difference*

*I only know because I had it explained to me when I went to school at RF, where there’s a very fine line between the women and the livestock. One surefire way to tell is to hold out a handful of M&M’s. If the person/animal in question licks your hand, it’s probably livestock. If it bites your hand, tackles you, and rummages through your pockets looking for more M&M’s, it’s probably a woman.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

We are all experts on sodomy, Uncle Sam makes sure of that.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

lprop, I was just having fun. What you said was downright mean.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

lprop, I was just having fun. What you said was downright mean.

I spent 6 years at UWRF (Ugly Women Roam Free). I’ve done my sentence. The least I can do is warn others of the perils.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.