New User

• Hersh
    Iowa

Just saying a hello there to all users. Been following this site for a time and decided to join. This site is the best I found and everyone is very helpful with any question that has been asked wrether it’s about a boat or fishing related. I have followed one in Missouri and man do those guys go at it. Speaking of Missouri I just returned from a trip to The Rock (Table Rock Lake). Caught alot of Spotted bass and also caught a Meanmouth that weighed 2 lb 7 oz’s. Meanmouth is a new species on the Rock. It’s a cross between a Smallmouth and a Spotted bass. They now are a spawning species on the Rock. That fishing was the high of my trip. The low was my Ranger bassboat was stolen and taken out in the lake and stripped. Mine and ten other bassboats were stolen/stripped that night. The Waterpatrol said it was more in likely Meth Heads as they called them. Now I have had a hard lesson with insurance. Guys take a good look at your policies an question your agent because before I went on this trip I asked my ins. co. about my coverage and was told I was covered, not!!! Anyway its great to belong to this site and to all Good Fishing.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to IDA Hersh,

Sorry to hear about your boat did your insurance cover any of your loss? I have fished Table Rock Three years in a row during spring break when my Daughter is out of school in late march early april, it has always been too early as the spawn has not kicked in yet.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Welcome to the site Hersh. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

It is a damn shame about your boat.

Gator Hunter

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome to the site. Great to have you with us. I would pressure your insurance company as there is no way it should not be covered of you have boat insurance. Plain and simple I would think.
    Thanks, Bill

wishn2bfishn
    Kansas City, MO

Hello. Sorry about your boat. I fished the Rock over Memorial Day weekend. It was my first trip with my boat. I was concerned about how much traffic was on the lake and how vulnerable boats are at night at docks. Where did you stay when you were there? I stayed near the dam. Nice place, had fun, but not much fishing success. (I’m still trying to figure ’em out.) Frankly, my best luck was at the boat dock in the evening just messing around. Hooked a 10 # carp, 12″ water turtle on the shell, a dozen nice crappie and a fair large mouth. All on a red and white crappie jig!

By the way, I think I know the other site you referred to. This site provides positive feedback, while some of the participants in the other are not so inclined and detract from that site in my opinion.

Welcome to the site.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Welcome to the site!

It’s nice to have a site where members or anonymous posters aren’t waiting to see how much they can tear apart someone for asking a questions or stating an opinion. We keep large bouncers around here for that sort of thing and they seem to be doing a great job. Cheers!

Hersh
    Iowa

Great to hear from you guys so soon. I fish The Rock once in the spring April-May then again in October. We stay in the Aunts Creek Arm of the James River. I fish the White River and James River. As for my boat we recovered it and it is setting in storage waiting for repair. They used a crowbar on the lids. The lids are all bent and locks are smashed. The sad part is because I was concerned about this very thing happening I was removing my rods/reels, bike seats, and other items and leaveing the compartments unlocked but they still broke into them. The ins. is going to cover the repair costs (all new lids) but I’am out about $1500 on the equipment that was stolen because my house hold policy has a $500 deduct and they(Ins. Co.)would apply a 35% surcharge for the next three years to my household policy because of this claim.

wishn2bfishn
    Kansas City, MO

That is a real shame on the insurance issue. The fine print I guess.

Regarding the fishing, were you looking for bass or walleye? I have heard walleye can be found on the west end of the lake near those rivers. Its a beautiful lake. I thought my depth finder was having problems at first because the reading was 132 feet in some places. The owner said the water had been much higher in the spring.

Hersh
    Iowa

When I’am fishing The Rock I target Smallmouth bass first then Spotted bass. It took alot of adjustment to learn how to fish this lake because of the depth. Most of my bass have come out of 20 ft to 60 ft of water. This spring because of higher water the best depth was 31 ft with a dropshot presentation on main lake points. I also heard that the eye fishing is improving. Alot of bass fisherman are catching them in the upper James. I have heard of 10 lb+ fish being caught. I also fish Beaver Lake in Ark. and have fished Bluffends sitting in 210 ft of water.

jwellsy

Welcome aboard Hersh!
    What caliber round do think it would take to blow up a meth lab?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.