Best weather app?

• Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

What do you guys/gals think? I am not the happiest with the accu-weather app.
    Thanks, Dream’n

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Weather Bug to check the current weather, forecast and weather alerts. Weather Underground for checking past weather.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

try keloland for radar

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I like weather bug elite. That’s my go to. I also like Weather.com’s radar that shows storm icons and direction.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Weather underground is on my favorites tab on the phone. Apps use too much memory and battery life and who knows what kind of data collection they do Got to be off the grid man!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Weather underground is on my favorites tab on the phone. Apps use too much memory and battery life and who knows what kind of data collection they do Got to be off the grid man!

Oh boy, where to start

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ve actually got 13 weather apps.

Don’t fall for the hype around MeteoEarth and WeatherPro. They might be better on a tablet, but they are pretty urine poor otherwise. Probably because it is a German product. I got nothing against Germans, I just think the apps would be better in Europe. Some features only work in Europe.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I use WeatherBug Elite as my every day app. IMO, the best hands down.

If you are an amature storm chaser… I would suggest PYKL3 Radar. It is a Radar Only app… with tons of detail, shows warnings, etc. Tons of options as well.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ll have to check that one one Dave.

How you like the Spark lightening map added to Weatherbug? I hate how when it refreshes it zooms back to where it was. Its also a little clunky navigating that map.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

I’ll have to check that one one Dave.

How you like the Spark lightening map added to Weatherbug? I hate how when it refreshes it zooms back to where it was. Its also a little clunky navigating that map.

I can’t really stand the lightening map. I don’t like that much overlay.

rmartin
    United States

If you use Weather Underground for your current data, be careful which station is your default. Some give totally inaccurate data. I have the link on my PC and I have to change stations every time I first go there.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Intellicast. Great radar and fast forecast access.

Grouse

fishhunter
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I use WB elite for current conditions, but for radar and storm chasing I use Radarscope. Radarscope is one of the best I have found thus far.

311hemi
    Dayton, MN

Quote:

I use WB elite for current conditions, but for radar and storm chasing I use Radarscope. Radarscope is one of the best I have found thus far.

I usually just use the NWS for local forecast, and Radarscope for tracking storms.

danno
    Central MN

Quote:

If you are an amature storm chaser… I would suggest PYKL3 Radar. It is a Radar Only app… with tons of detail, shows warnings, etc. Tons of options as well.

That’s what I use when the weather gets rough too. I believe RadarScope is another chaser favorite. Both are $9.99.

For everyday weather I just use my phone browser and bookmark weather.gov. I’ve never been happy with any weather apps and their forecasts.

lozherky
    Lake Ozark, MO

I have used UM Weather for years. Out of Michigan, it has been a very steady program for forecasts and radar and more.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.