What to do in Cincinnati?

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I am in Cincinnati for 3 weeks for work training. We have the weekends free so I’m looking for something to do…fishing, stores, bars/restaurants, outdoors. The hotel is near the airport but I can take a cab or rent a car if needed. If anyone wants to take me fishing I would be happy to take you out in MN sometime.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

Montgomery Inn for awesome BBQ ribs. Skyline chili for a very unigue style of chili/spaghetti.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

x2 on Montgomery Inn!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Cincinatti style chili is awesome, chili served on spagetti noodles. Only way we eat it anymore.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Within 3 weeks, you should have access to home games for the Reds and Bengals (preseason)

fishin
    Blaine, MN

I hear the ball park is descent…take in a Reds game.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

If you can rent a car,

A) the Air Force Museum in Dayton is phenomenal.

B)Run up to Lake Erie and grab a walleye charter.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Not sure if you are into catfish but the Ohio river near cinci holds some giants.

desperado

go stand in front of the IRS building dressed in a Patriot uniform

… and flip ’em off

Hillbiehle

Where to begin. For entertainment, Mt Adams in Cincinnati for nightlife and a great museum, Newport on the Levee, Pompilios for great Italian food in Newport (where Rainman counted the toothpicks), hiking in Red River Gorge, Guided Trip on Green River or Cave Run for muskies. There is a Bass Pro in Fairfield (OH) and Dixie Marine on Rt 4 for some hard to find baits that might be worth a stop if you’re in the area. Defiantly take in a Reds Game. Have breakfast at some place and be sure to order goetta… There is lots to do.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks for the tips! Where is the best city to fish out of on Erie?

Hillbiehle

Turtle Creek and Port Clinton has a number of private charters. Port Clinton used to have a party boat where you just show up and fish for a few hours (very reasonably priced). As somone mentioned, don’t forget about catfishing the Ohio River. Reasonably priced and there are some giants.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.