chevy truck question, can you switch seats?

• smoke grub

I found a truck to buy, but the electric seat, isn’t what I need. can I put my chevy 97 seat in a 2001? in the new truck only the bottom of the seat moves , on my old seat, the whole seat, top and botom move and shift.. its critical for me to make this purchase.. or I need to move on to a different truck to buy.. I tried to use the seat in the ‘new’ truck, but I was looking through the shaded area at the top of the windshield.. it just can’t happen..bascially I would just put my old seat in the new truck, the fabric matches.. I need facts, true stories, opinions.. and again I really appreciate you guys.. you have never let me down with your advise..

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Call your local Chevy parts dealer for the true answer. imo

For the most part you will be looking at the bolt pattern. Then a bit for clearance.

Invader440
    Fosston, Mn

Kinda surprised the electric seat doesn’t have one of the switches that will raise and lower the seat too. Every one I’ve drove has that.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Kinda surprised the electric seat doesn’t have one of the switches that will raise and lower the seat too. Every one I’ve drove has that.

Ditto, most newer trucks have 6 way adjusting… so tall dudes can lower the seat to the floor and shortys can put the top of their head on the liner

smoke grub

the truck is a stripped down version.. and only the seat base tilts.. its really the low end of electric seats. only thing lower would be a manuel seat.. I tried to call a local chevy dealer. but the guys in the service department, gave me vague answers at best.. I was disappointed since this is supposed to be the “big car dealer” around.. its almost like, we have the books, but we don’t know how to read them.. or don’t want to.. it was mostly figure it out for your self.. so I am again asking for your help.. anyone ever change a car seat here? is it that totally uncommon?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Don’t talk to the service dept, talk to the sales dept Service spends its time fixing seats, the sales depts job is to put your butt in the right one

smoke grub

well I bought a 2001 Tahoe with the ‘low end” electric seat. what I need is a seat similar to the one I have in my previous Suburban.. its a bucket or single seat, but its 6 way and when you electrically tilt the or lower the seat, the back tilts or lowers as well. I called Elmers, and it seems that there is a Chevy seat black market… You can’t get them.. they are all hidden.. lost, or on EBAY.. especially for 2001’s.. at least that’s what I have been told.. I have to tell you, that my 97 truck had a lot more space and less wasted space then this new truck.. at least in the cab.. just the door panels alone, you lose inches. and for a MOOSE like me, inches add up fast.. the same with the counsol.. there is this giant counsol that really is dead dead space. I almost wonder if there is an electric two piece bench seat that I can get instead.. and dump the counsol.. which eventually is going to be loaded with junk.. just like my old truck.. with the exception of the seating, I love this new truck.. its really really nice..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.