Viking training camp

• belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Well, the start of about a ten year dynasty for the purple starts tomorrow! I not only drink the kool-aid, I bath in it!
    Who else is fired up for the Vikings season?

hunter1723

I am not a viking fan, but if I was, I would petition to start Matt Cassel. As a packer fan I am hoping ponder doesn’t get hurt.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t worry, I have faith in the vikings failing again. They are the chicago cubs of the NFL..

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Quote:

Don’t worry, I have faith in the vikings failing again. They are the chicago cubs of the NFL..

X 2 Cheers to Failure

Whiskerkev
    Madison

They have more Packers than the Packers. If you can’t beat em join em…

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Bring it on! I think the Vikes have a very good season and make a deep run into the playoffs. Ponder will have a solid season.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Bring it on! I think the Vikes have a very good season and make a deep run into the playoffs. Ponder will have a solid season.

Now you’re talking!!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I’m smelling alot of cheese on this thread….
    Time will tell
    No matter which side you fall on, it’s a great rivalry.

danno34

PURPLE PRIDE! PURPLE PRIDE!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Yeah I guess they will win the super bowl again.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Im ready, atleast we only get let down 1 day a week verse several times with MN other professional teams…

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

The only question remaining is will they wear the road whites or home purple in the Super Bowl!

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

Yeah I guess they will win the super bowl again.

Quote:

I am not a viking fan, but if I was, I would petition to start Matt Cassel. As a packer fan I am hoping ponder doesn’t get hurt.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hahaha. Every year at this time, a couple of my rube buddies start emailing super bowl predictions for the Vikes. I’m the eternal pessimist when it comes to the purple. Love your enthusiasm but when Ponder is ranked 28th in the league, it’s hard to have any confidence in him. Of course, I predicted 2-3 wins last season.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

X2

chomps
    Sioux City IA

that’s really not funny at all! A couple buddies and I lucked out and got VIP box seats at the final game at the dome last season, vikes and pack baby! now about 1/2 through the 3rd quarter some guy decided to take a dump in the urinal, not cool at all!! Glad there was two bathrooms in the suite. Besides us there were about 4 other Packers fans in that suite, 3 of them ladies, so goes to show you that the cartoon can play out, but the colors of the sweatshirts need be reversed. And you wonder why I can’t be a Vikes fan…even though I grew up in MN!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

This year is the Seahawks year.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Quote:

This year is the Seahawks year.

I agree with that, avoiding injuries they are very strong indeed. They will be toe 2 toe with the 49’ers

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

that’s really not funny at all!

Quote:

Besides us there were about 4 other Packers fans in that suite,

That should narrow it down for U Sherlock

chomps
    Sioux City IA

or the 30 other queens fans there mr obvious

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I have very limited expectations. I think “success” this year, IMO, is the Vikes playing above 500 and winning the games that they should win.

Beyond Ponder maturing a little, I don’t see what’s changed that would make the Vikes a contender for a deep playoff run. There are a lot of solid teams in the division so if the Vikes are going to go somewhere, the’ll need to find a formula that gives them a “W” in 2-3 games that nobody including the opponent sees them winning. That’s a pretty tall order.

But please, if the Vikes are going to spoil any other team’s party, please let us do it to the Bears.

Good luck to the Vikes, but I’m not going to be making plans for where I’m going to watch the playoff games.

Grouse

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

It’s to early to get grumpy over a joke

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I’m a Vikes fan but Ponder just can’t throw. His long passes go nearly as high as they do far. It’s like having high predictions for the Twins and not doing anything to improve the bullpen. IMO Vikes will have a .500 season.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Percy Harvin is already on the pup list in Seattle, just hates to practice. Million dollar talent-two cent brain

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I was waiting for the yearly post of how good things look for the queens, bout time.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

I was waiting for the yearly post of how good things look for the queens, bout time.

I could post it everyday, I’m that dillusional!

MX1825

Quote:

What are you having for breakfast?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.