Genius on skis

• wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Fished Pool 7 with Marbleyes today. Had a run in with potentially the stupidest pleasure boaters I have ever seen. As we were trolling through a slough, we saw a boat ahead of us pulling a skier.

After a minute or so, they turned around and headed back our way. Marbleyes looks at me and says “I bet that genius is going to try to ski right up to the sand bar we’re trolling past”. To which I say “Nobody could possibly be stupid enough to try to let go and slide in directly behind a boat trolling with 4 rods out.”

As we watched this unfold, I could only watch my lines to see which one jumped first at the hookup of a 165 lb dumbasski. We watched as this guy slid in about 20′ behind us and landed directly on top of my lines. Somehow through the grace of God, neither of my cranks ended up in him.

His head could not have been out of the water more than .5 seconds before I explained how the two treble hooks on each of the two crank baits contained 3 pointy things that would really suck to get lodged into a sack, and how if I get my cranks hung up the first thing I tend to do is grab the rod and start yanking to see if I can free the crank.

I don’t expect everybody to know a lot about fishing, but I do expect people on the river to know enough to not try to land a skier directly on top of a bunch of fishing lines being trolled.

Fact is, you can’t stop stupidity, you can only hope your equipment doesn’t get damaged by it.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

That’s for the first hook on the front side
    That’s for giving it a yank!

DIRTBALL2
    WARROAD,MN.USA

There are a whole lot of people in this world that are trying their dammedest to give being stupid a bad name! DIRTBALL2

marbleyes
    Holmen, WI

Now if I could fortell the future in a walleye tourney. Wish I had a video camera to capture that genius move. It was priceless to hear Wimwuem’s response without skipping a beat.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

Drag testers

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

Everyone gets a brain….nobody gets instructions.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Makes ‘Dumb n D umber’ look like geniuses!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.