Casting Reel Advice

• bluewing
    North Iowa

In the market for a new casting reel with a price of under $200.
    Will use it casting topwater lures for bass and on a long line trolling rod.
    Would appreciate any of your thoughts and recommendations.

stuart
    Mn.

Wright &McGill ,I have three,smooth and flawless.

If you are not in a hurry shop around And get a $400 reel on sale.I see a lot of them being marked down already.Thats how I got my last real at 50% off.

artifishal

Love both my Abu Garcia Revo and also my Shimano Curado. Both are excellent reels for the money and I just so happened to pick up my Revo for $150!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Any of the Quantums in the Pti series would be very good

bluewing
    North Iowa

Thank you for all the input.
    IDO guys are always helpful. COOL
    I never would have considered Wright McGill, I’ll look into that product.
    I have good luck with Shimano spinning reels but interested into researching other casting reels.
    Thanks again

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

x2 abu Garcia revo sx. Best casting reel I have owned. I am clueless to what the magnetic thing on the side is for but going from chucking light frogs then switching to 3/8oz jigs you adjust the reel and casts like a dream everytime. Don’t know what they retail for I got mine on special at show but know they are under 2 bills.

red89
    Hudson

I would get a Shimano Chronarch 200 E with a $200 budget. Try to take advantage of some type of sale, so you don’t pay the full $199 price tag. I have a couple citica E and a curado E and they are very simple and quality reels from what I have seen. I have had problems with Revo stx and revo s, but I will say the revo s that I currently have works great. Lews have great reviews. I have a lews speed spool that casts great, but haven’t had it long enough to compare on quality.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.