Speakin of Scatter Raps….

• illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

has anyone seen a dive curve chart for scatter raps?
    saw some on sale at the “farm” store the other day and picked up a few of the cranks. searched online but couldnt find a dive chart.
    i am thinking i can get them down to 10-12 feet trolling with 100 feet or so of 10/4 fireline out but was hoping i could be more precise before going the trial and error route.

huskerdu

Dive curve-Question is on WC also.
    May have to run them over a sand bar to create own dive curve? I have a couple also haven’t seen t he water yet!
    Looks like a good bait,high priced.

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

Quote:

Dive curve-Question is on WC also

i get around …

… got no answer there, so thought i’d troll for responses where the best walleye fishermen hang out

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

On Rapalas website they say 5-8. I always though the 5 was if casted and the 8 was when trolled with 100 feet of line out.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

On Rapalas website they say 5-8. I always though the 5 was if casted and the 8 was when trolled with 100 feet of line out.

Usually the depths said on the package are casting depth, and trolling depth unless said otherwise, like you said. But the depths are almost always tested with 10# mono as an industry standard, so 10/2 would get you down a heck of a lot deeper than 10# mono on 100′ troll. That is where the problem lies.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

I would say about 8ft max. We were using them Wed night with 14 lbs fireline. maybe hit the bottom once or twice if we would get inside 8ft. hard to tell how much line was out since we dont use line counters.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Quote:

I will wait till the hype dies down and they discontinue them and pick some up for 4 buck

What no SR4 or SR6 for ya either?
    Something new every year to get ya.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

isnt that the truth, i stopped buying them for the most part since I use about 2% of the ones I have. however with the early, promising reviews on the scatter raps I did pick up a couple to try.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.