Kidney Stones

• icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Had the worst pain ever today, went to the ER and I have a 7mm stone stuck and a bunch more in each kidney. After a dose of some good pain medication the pain subsided. They sent me home and said they would schedule me for next week Tuesday to have if broken up using sonic waves. Apparently they only do this procedure once a week.

If I have another relapse of pain they will go in with a cather and break it up and remove it. Anyone else have multiple stones? Did the others take a long time to come out if they ever did.

I’m not looking forward to having a relapse, worst pain I have ever had, I would sooner smash my thumb with a hammer over and over!!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Never had them myself. I’ve heard that drinking alot of soda can cause them. I don’t drink a lot of soda so that kinda makes sense.

Drink a lot of Mt Dew?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I drink Mt. Dew dang near by the gallon on a daily basis. Before that it was Dr. Pepper by the 12 pack a day. Never had a kidney stone. Maybe it is because I pee constantly and work my kidneys overtime everyday I do feel your pain though. I have had several patients with kidney stones and they are miserable. We used to carry Toradol for pain relief and that worked awesome. Now all we have is Fentanyl which doesn’t appear to work as well as the Toradol

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

I drink very little soda never did. I did drink a lot of milk when I was younger and they say a lot of Calcium and Vitamin D may cause them.

They gave me Thoradol and it did nothing, then they gave me something that started with a D and that was a life saver!!!

Has anyone taken Renavive? It’s sold on the web and is an all natural herbal supliment that is supposed to disolve the stones.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Dellotted maybe. It’s a morphine

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I had one last year, but did not have the pain normally associated with it. I had blood in the urine and they found it via an ultra sound. I had it blasted out. Trust me the the way to go if you have a choice. Only minor discomfort for a day or two afterward. They can not guarantee 100% success, but for me they vaporized it with no pieces left to pass.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) yes a morphine derivative.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

potentially the reason Toradol is not your first line pain reliever for kidney stones is because it is the most nephrotoxic (bad for kidneys) NSAID on the American market.

Fentanyl is an extremely potent narcotic but it is interesting when a non-controlled NSAID (Toradol) provides more relief than a highly controlled narcotic.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) yes a morphine derivative.

That was the stuff, worked great!! Still have some discomfort today but much better, I just hope I make it until next Tuesday to get it blasted.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.