Anyone have any old yard jarts?

• bassless

I have a set its getting little rough looking,, We play these alot at the camper.. wondering if anyone has any of these you wanna get rid of??

kwp
    Eden Prairie

If you were looking for the older style that was discontinued they may be tough to find now…I have a friend who bought a set on Craigslist and I think he paid close to $100 for the set.

I remember playing them as a kid and they were fun.

bassless

yes was looking for the older sets, they are fun. thx

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Bean bags are a little more safe….most of the time.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

If you were looking for the older style that was discontinued they may be tough to find now…I have a friend who bought a set on Craigslist and I think he paid close to $100 for the set.

I remember playing them as a kid and they were fun.

It is actually Illegal to sell them… period. Craigslist won’t let you list them there ? If you own them before they were banned and didn’t turn them in yet, you can own them but cannot sell them. It’s also illegal to use them on public property.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

I wouldn’t worry about the legality issue. They pop up on Craigslist quite often. As stated above they usually fetch a pretty good price. 70 bucks seems about average for a set

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Quote:

It is actually Illegal to sell them… period. Craigslist won’t let you list them there ? If you own them before they were banned and didn’t turn them in yet, you can own them but cannot sell them. It’s also illegal to use them on public property.

Here is craigslist post right now for some. Last I checked, there were a few listed right now.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/bar/3776665948.html

big_g
    Isle, MN

People sell pot too and it is illegal… I am guessing lawn jarts are not high on the crime list, but nonetheless, it is illegal to sell them and that is a fact

P. Norts
    Carol Stream, Il

I was at Bass Pro yesterday and they have the new type that look similar, but they are weighted and don’t have the dagger. I have used them before with kids and they are not so bad.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

I have a set its getting little rough looking,, We play these alot at the camper.. wondering if anyone has any of these you wanna get rid of??

You’ll put an eye out.

There. Somebody had to say it.

Grouse

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Yeah, I don’t think they were all too dangerous when used as they were supposed to be used…gentle under handed toss towards the ring. I can imagine things got interesting when 10 adult men drinking 19 beers each had a friendly game of darts out at the campsite……and then 911 was called

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

We modified the rules when we used to play with the real lawn darts. Each side was allowed 1 goalie.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

That explains a lot Pug!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Quote:

Quote:

You’ll put an eye out.

There. Somebody had to say it.

Grouse

That only confirms how old you are.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

You’re kidding me. I just saw a set at a garage sale this weekend. The wife said no. The fact that they actually wasted money making them illegal is ridiculous.

The next thing you’re going to tell me is that the potato guns in my garage are illegal! Oh, wait. What potato guns…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Seriously, when did they outlaw taterguns?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I don’t want to know if they have or haven’t.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I don’t want to know if they have or haven’t.

I don’t think they manufactured and sold them as they did Eye Darts…er I mean Lawn Jarts… I don’t think the goverement knows that good ol boys are manufacturing them tator launchers in their gerage…until now… thanks Ralph

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Yeah, I don’t think they were all too dangerous when used as they were supposed to be used…gentle under handed toss towards the ring. I can imagine things got interesting when 10 adult men drinking 19 beers each had a friendly game of darts out at the campsite……and then 911 was called

I dont think they had 911 when jarts were around!
    Sadly, response times were longer and Im sure a few jart victims suffered the consequences…..

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I could do some damage with a bocce ball, too, but they haven’t been outlawed. Yet.

18fisher
    Hastings,MN

If you think lawn jarts are dangerous, try playing beer darts…..

Bonita Parker

Yes I do, haven’t used them in many many years. Complete set, in original box.

Attachments:
    1. IMAG2716.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Brings back some good memories, definitely worth bringing back an old post!

We used to chuck those things straight in the air with the boys, makes sense why I’ve always sucked at flyballs in baseball, was always trying to run the opposite way from flying objects.

dbright
    Cambridge

I found some in the shed at the cabin this summer. Mine will be sticking around though.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20160722_122342158_TOP.jpg

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

Bean bags are a little more safe….most of the time.

Bean bags is a daytime game… Lawn darts are to be played after dark

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

If you think lawn jarts are dangerous, try playing beer darts…..

Yes, beer darts can get very scary at times.. toast

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Lawn Darts…a new currency? A new revolution….Lawn Darts Matter?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Yeah, I’ll take them.

sent you an email

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 90 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.