Wild

• holennet
    Park View, Iowa

Hats off to the Wild. I am a Blackhawks fan, just have to say what a great game. Appears to be a great series in the works.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

That game was a lot of fun! But think the hawks just have too much talent for the Wild. Glad to see the wild are going to make Chicago work for it.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I guess that was the game we needed to win. So much for a sweep. They need to keep playing with that chip on their shoulder.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I realized after watching that game, those first 2 games really didn’t feel like the playoffs at all. This time Wild did what they need to do. They played with an edge and a bit of nasty. That’s how you beat a more skilled team.

Wouldn’t it be nice if the refs would start catching the high sticks? They have missed 3, including 2 tonight, in this series. The one on Brodz would have been at least a double minor. If you go back the the end of the regular season, there must have been at least a half dozen easy high sticking calls by the refs that were not called.

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

Pug I agree on the calls

reddog

Absolutely a great tome at the game today. The atmosphere was electric. We were in a suite right next to the blackhawks exes. Nice bunch of guys.but they were not too happywhen they left.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

Wouldn’t it be nice if the refs would start catching the high sticks? They have missed 3, including 2 tonight, in this series. The one on Brodz would have been at least a double minor. If you go back the the end of the regular season, there must have been at least a half dozen easy high sticking calls by the refs that were not called.

I thought the whine was the precious property of Vikings fans. There is a leak in Mn sports fans! It is hockey man…not everything will ever be called, let alone “your way”.

BTW..very nice win and effort Wild!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

I thought the whine was the precious property of Vikings fans. There is a leak in Mn sports fans! It is hockey man…not everything will ever be called, let alone “your way”.

The difference is a high stick is an easy call for a ref. There is no judgement. Heck I have seen calls made when the ref didn’t see it.

Its pretty mild for a whine if that’s how you classify it. I am not saying it cost us games. Its just frustrating to see so many missed high sticking calls.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Wow! That Zucker kid is having a great series.

If it wasn’t for that darn crossbar in overtime of Game one

Man that Chicago team can sure hog the puck when they need to.

Great Playoff Hockey IMHO

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

How about that Vancouver team.

Wish I would have watched my Sens play. They whooped Montreal and there was a full on line fight.

bassmaster
    SE, MN

Lets not forget about Harding. Here’s a guy that sat on the bench most all of the season, get throw into the playoffs at the last minute. I think given the circumstances he is going a great job.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Lets not forget about Harding. Here’s a guy that sat on the bench most all of the season, get throw into the playoffs at the last minute. I think given the circumstances he is going a great job.

I’ve had concerns about him every game and he has proven to be up to the task for sure. I think he will keep it up too, because he is a gamer. I am not concerned about the MS or sitting so often either. Josh is a great in that he accepts his back up role. He could probably start some where and that might be here next year. But regardless of what happens, you know you can count on Josh to have a great attitude and be a team player.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The difference is a high stick is an easy call for a ref. There is no judgement. Heck I have seen calls made when the ref didn’t see it.

Its pretty mild for a whine if that’s how you classify it. I am not saying it cost us games. Its just frustrating to see so many missed high sticking calls.

That can be said about each and every game that is played in the NHL. It is much like holding in the NFL. Face it, there are referees or officials who monitor the game and FOR THE MOST PART the calls they miss do not affect the outcome of a hard fought and well played game.
    That being said, yes you are whining.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Actually high sticking is more like a late hit, hitting a player out of bounds or a blow to the head. Its an easy call for a ref.

Tomato, tomahto. I’d feel like I was whining if I said that missing those calls cost us a game. I don’t think I have said that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.