looking for house boat advice

• hope4fish

We’re planning on doing a house boat trip for our family vacation this summer. It will be the wife and I plus two 12 YO boys. Any recommendations on which rental place to use, and which boat to rent? The boys say it’s got to have a slide, the wife says it’s got to have a screen porch, and I just need it to be capable of pulling the Skeeter.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

what lake do you want to go to? canada? MN?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I have done two Rainy Lake Houseboat trips and have nothing but good things to say about that business

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Dougherty’s Rainy Lake Houseboats!!!

Mark

jake-bohnsack
    Wright County Area

I would say Rainy Lake Houseboats. I have been on one of their boats and had a great time. Perfectly capable of pulling a skeeter. The fishing on Rainy can be great also, my buddy guides up there. Send me a PMessage when if you book and when your going and hopefully I can give you a fishing update. We had a great time, very easy to run the boat and also towed two fishing boats with. We caught enough walleyes to have a fish fry two nights. You will have to look at the website and decide which boat you want. Billy Dougherty has been running that family business for a long time. See if you can find the last episode of Bill Scherck and Laura Schara-Due North they have a segment special on the houseboats. I believe it played this morning on Fox Sports North.

You will not be dissappointed on a Rainy Lake house boat trip!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Been on 3 Rainy Lake HB trips and they are a first class operation. Billy and the gang are great hosts and will point you in the right direction for fish. Better yet hire him for a guide and you won’t be disappointed. Those were some of my best fishing trips.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

We rented from Hucks Houseboats la Crosse WI. Mississippi river

TD Ramrod
    Menomonie, WI

I would not use Voyagaire! We did a week a couple years back and had a serious mouse problem in ours. Many of them and one got stuck in my wifes hair in the middle of the night, she still has nightmares! When we woke up in the mornings the mice had unrolled and shredded toiletpaper, who knows what else they got into. Plus when we told them about it they did nothing and never offered to discount the trip, so I use every opportunity to loose them a little business. Keeping customers happy is #1 especially in whats supposed to be high end expensive vacations, actually if you want repeat business it doesnt matter what you spend! In my opinion a boat for $4000 a week should have updated mattresses and couches and they all were probably from the 70s. Very disappointed to say the least!!!!!!!!!!

Stan Jenson
    sw wisconsin

I’ve been to voyagaire houseboats 3 years in a row going back this summer for the forth time. They are a class act.I have nothing but good things to say about the operation. They just remodeled the 440 model boats and did a fantastic job annd the new lodge looks incredible cant wait to get back up there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.