Florida Keys next March

• Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

Thinking about going to the Keys next March. Never been there before. Thinking either Islamorada or Marathon. Rent a small house relax and do some fishing. Anybody have any experience in the area. Places to stay and things to see. Thanks

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I’ve been there twice, never did fishing but I have heaard it is awesome.

the night life is sweet, lots of friendly people and fun bars to hang out at. it is like Mexico from the laid back style but you are in the US so you feel so much better. make sure you visit the smallest bar in the world on Duval street.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ve stayed in Marathon twice and Islamorada once. Suprisingly very small town Americanish.

Fishing is king down there but you need a boat or a guide with a boat. Not many beaches either. Life down there evolves around the water. Lots of cool places to eat where you can order fish that was just caught fresh nearby. There’s a very nice Bass Pro Shop in Islamorada that is worth visiting. You can feed the giant tarpons out back. There’s a guide down there some of us have used multiple times. Just ask me or BrianK if interested. We call him the James Holst of the Keys. There are definitely bad people guiding down there so be very carefull when hiring one.

BrentAmble
    Elk Mound

Jimmy Johnson’s The Big Chill is great for happy hour. Trip to key west is a great day getaway. Very relaxed area but a good sandy beach are hard to come by.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.