Baseball Brawling

• Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

This has to be on of the funniest photo captions I’ve seen in awhile.

Carlos Quentin went high; clearly Zach Greinke went low.

On a serious note, I’m sure the Dodger organization is not happy about their 25 million dollar a year pitcher out for at least a month with a broken collar bone.

sink-her
    Kasson MN

OuchOuch quit pulling it hurts

FryDog62

Hate to say it, and I don’t like to see violence in sports…but Greinke had it coming. This is the second time he’s hit Quentin. I played enough to know that if someone is throwing a 93 mph hard ball at your head, it could kill you. In those instances, the batter has every right to go after the pitcher with his fists, a bat, whatever…

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

In that situation I don’t think he was trying to hit him, certainly not in the head.

Boys will be boys.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Greinke ended up with a broken collarbone

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

This will definitely make him think twice before INTENTIONALLY hitting someone else.

Brian Hoffies

I don’t recall him saying he intentionally hit him. If anything Quentin leaned in yet again and got grazed. My guess is he has a pad on the arm anyway. The Dodgers are the only ones who should be complaining, after all they signed Greinke to the big contract. I hope Quentin gets drilled again when he faces the Dodgers. When you make a career of getting hit by a pitch you shouldn’t be crying.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

I wasn’t saying he did it on purpose, and with the 3-2 count, it would seem unlikely. Just saying, he’ll think about the next one he DOES do on purpose.

Brian Hoffies

Agreed, although I’m not sure Greinke is bright enough to equate the hit batter to getting rushed on the mound.

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

I think they should allow fighting in baseball all the time. Maybe that’ll make it exciting for once. Kind of like hockey with a little bit action instead of like watching paint dry, like baseball.

Palerider77

It is the catcher’s responsibility to catch that guy before he reaches the pitcher. No harm in a friendly fist fight.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I might have to find a way to watch the games next week. Should be interesting.

ozzyky
    On water

Quote:

Hate to say it, and I don’t like to see violence in sports…but Greinke had it coming. This is the second time he’s hit Quentin. I played enough to know that if someone is throwing a 93 mph hard ball at your head, it could kill you. In those instances, the batter has every right to go after the pitcher with his fists, a bat, whatever…

Quentin leads the majors in getting hit by pitches. You don’t intentionally hit a guy with a 3-2 count in a one run game. When he played for the royals that didn’t seem intentional either. Lean into another pitch you moron, maybe he needs to take one off the head.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.