Do you wash (your car)?

• troutbum
    St. Paul

The amount of salt on the roads in Minneapolis is impressive.
    December thru ApriI I pay 25/month for unlimited washes while two guys hand dry it. The rest of the year I let Ma Nature take care of it. What is your routine?

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

We pay $21.04 w/ tax for unlimited washes on one vehicle for a month. We go 3-5 times a week.

FDR

jerry b
    western WI

I leave mine out when the weather guy thinks it’s gonna rain jerr

Sharon
    SE Metro

I probably don’t wash my car more than 4 times a year.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

1st year I bought it was hand washed by myself every week; well, 6 years later I will wash it a few times a summer and give it a good buff job to hold off till the next year.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

$52 bucks a month at Paradise car wash. Unlimited washes. Included is vacuuming, hand dry and tire shine. I go every other day. Keep er clean.

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

1)Wait till the liftbridge goes up.
    2)Remove foot from brake.
    3)Depress accelorator pedal.
    4)Wait for GREEN LITE before exiting.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Call up the detail dept to come get it and clean

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

multiple times a week, wow, I need some of your guys free time.

90% of the time 2 occasions will warranty a wash, 1)I’m going somewhere that I want it to look nice or 2) the salt/mud/dirt/gravel dust/what-have-you gets thick enough you cant tell its supposed to be blue anymore.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

During the winter I run it through the cheapest auto car wish I can find. Most of the time it is Fleet Farm. Probably every couple 2 to 3 weeks. Summer I enjoy washing it myself in the driveway. Try and hand wax it 2 – 3 times per year. For sure in the spring and again in the fall.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Hey guys, on a completely unrelated note, I’m working on a theory that this crappy winter extension has a lot of guys really bored.

Do you think I’m onto something here?

Grouse

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

During the winter I run it through the cheapest auto car wish I can find. Most of the time it is Fleet Farm. Probably every couple 2 to 3 weeks. Summer I enjoy washing it myself in the driveway. Try and hand wax it 2 – 3 times per year. For sure in the spring and again in the fall.

x2 It’ll be washed again as soon as the sun comes out! If not FF, than SA or Simonize or somewhere!

timmy

Wash every year whether it needs it or not, and run a vacuum through it at least twice a year to remove some of the dog hair………

Denny O
    Central IOWA

At least once a week or more, winter, spring, summer and fall!

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Maybe 10 times a year.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

We have a power sprayer here at work. Free truck washes any time I want!

This is an interesting place to work at. We also have the company skate sharpening machine and the company fly tying bench and the company Ham Radio station. It’s a miracle we ever get anything done around here

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

When my car was new and I was single and childless, I frequently hand-washed and waxed. Now, our vehicles get run through a car wash about once a season, whether they need it or not!

troutbum
    St. Paul

Quote:

Hey guys, on a completely unrelated note, I’m working on a theory that this crappy winter extension has a lot of guys really bored.

Do you think I’m onto something here?

Grouse

Just had foot surgery. Bored outta my skull

Rootski—> are you guys hiring!?!

blufloyd

I might be talked into coming out of retirement too…

I wash when can’t see out of rear window.

coleycrawler
    Minneapolis

I just got a car worth washing. So for the 3rd time in my life I went into a car wash. Paid $10.99 for the extra washing instead of 7$ for the basic. No bainer.

Car was covered in red mug from ANTARCTICA… I mean the south shore.

I miss the old style car wash you use quarters for and spray your kids when they aren’t looking. But few and far between. I have high anxiety being in those car wash machines.

Plus I waited 35 minutes in line. I was not likening that at all. With time lost and cost of a car wash it ends up being way more.

My routine: (from now on)wash when needed and when it conveniently crosses my path with no more than 1 person in line.

I have a new routine thank you

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Some would say that I might be a tad over the top on vehicle upkeep. I sometimes was the truck 3 times a week. In the summer is 90% washed in the driveway and an occasional car wash. In the winter I usually use the self serve car wash and can get it done for under $5.00.

I do get a few comments from the neighbors that I’m going to wash the paint off. I’m ok with the comments as I just traded in a 01 truck with no rust on it.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Nicole, want to hear about the time my wife got stuck in a car wash?

coleycrawler
    Minneapolis

Quote:

Nicole, want to hear about the time my wife got stuck in a car wash?

NOOOOOOO!

I picture a scene from silence if the lambs. I’d be scraping to get out with no shame.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.