Suggestions for visiting N. Dakota & Montana

• desperado

National Bison Range at Moiese Montana

google it and you can learn as much as I can tell ya
    but it is an “often overlooked” Gem for sightseeing/touring in NorthWestern Montana

desperado

Probably the largest meteorite you’ll ever get within touching distance of (and be allowed to touch it, even sit on it). . . is on the north side of the highway, in a little roadside rest area, as you go through Chester MT .

It’s about the size of an ATV

That’s something you won’t find by surfing the net. Believe me I’ve tried googling it and can’t find any reference to it.

But there’s a little informational sign next to it that tells how a railroad crew dug it up while building the railroad bed that is right behind the rest area.

desperado

Ever eaten the Pizza at Red’s Savoy Inn … north end of the Lafeyette Bridge in St Paul MN?
    If you like that kind of Pizza, stop at Nalivsky’s in Havre MT. (oh and if you do stop there; bring me back a sausage/sauerkraut and a pepperoni/mushroom/green olive, would ya?)

desperado

The hotel lobby of the Glacier Park Lodge in East Glacier is AWE INSPIRING.

DougSportsman
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

uhhhh, if ya doan wanna look like a furner … it’s the “Hi-Line”

and yes, it is a phenomenal place … mostly because of phenomenal people
    why some of IDO’s finest members were born and raised right in the “Heart of the Hi-Line”
    (well at least one was anyhow)

Thanks Desperado (why don’t you come to your senses…) for the gentle “Montana speak and spell” lesson. I owe you.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

(hey, now that I’m craving it myself; I just had a great idea … in trade for all this info, would ya bring me back a pint of huckleberry ice cream?) mmmm, mmmm

If you keep up all the great info, I will bring you back some huckleberry ice cream and a few of these…

desperado

if you’re into that sort of thing
    The Museum of Plains Indians in Browning Montana is pretty extensive

the kids could think it’s lame (or really cool), sometimes they react opposite of what we thought they would huh?

but it is worth stopping and asking if there’s a Pow-Wow or Pow-Wow demonstration anytime while you’re out there
    to see them play drums, chant/sing, and dance in full ceremonial dress is pretty cool (think lots of colorful beadwork and feathers in headdress and feathers hanging from arms) maybe a strip of bear fur around the ankles and almost always jingle bells on the ankles so they jingle whenever the dancer is dancing

desperado

Want a genuine taste of the Montana culture?

Attend a Rodeo !

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Don’t come to Williston! But Teddy Roosevelt North Unit is pretty cool. Medora and the south unit get all the attention; but the north unit has some pretty cool hiking trails plus the bison, big horn, mule deer, prairie dogs and far less traffic.

Hope the trip is great whatever you decide to do Ron. P.S. Pheasants up the wazoo in the Williston area and ND in general.

Joel

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.