Impeller question

• das_bass
    Mound, MN

I am going to be picking my boat up from storage, and the place I stored it suggested I replace the Impeller on my 70HP Evenrude outboard. I was a bit suprised at how expensive it was for them to do it. Is this something that should be simple enough to do at home? And if so, does anyone have a place they suggest to go to get a new one or instructions on how to do it? I haven’t replaced it since I bought it 5 years ago, and since I bought the boat used, I don’t know if it has ever been replaced, so I am guessing I probably should replace it.

Thanks

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

If you have anything above a basic mechanical skill level you can do it your self.

You Tube it or when it dought send it out!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Here is an old post that may help you decide.

Impeller replacement

Did didn’t say the price, but I’d expect about $60 in parts and $80 an hour labor at a dealership.

-J.

brucea
    Maplewood,MN

It is not that hard after looking at Jon’s site and other you tubes. You can order or get a idea of the cost of the parts from http://www.iboats.com/.

brucea
    Maplewood,MN

I see Jon’s site states he had help and a six pack. I would suggest a helping hand from a friend and leave the beer in the refrigerator until the job is complete. Then I would say you deserve a twelve pack.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.