Rocky Boots

• Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Wow – Are these POS.

I just pulled a pair out of my closet and they are falling apart from storage.

Crazy – garbage.

Glad I have never relied on them to get me home.

Danner and Red Wings for this old boy

Dog

onestout
    Hudson, WI

X2, my first pair lasted for over 10 yrs. (made in the US) and then my next pair lasted for 1.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Concur with that. Horse$hit soles. I resoled mine with Goodyears but they’re too slick. Can’t wear them near the ice.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Another product that started out great and was produced cheaply after they had a loyal following. I have a pair from 1992 that the gortex on the toes is all worn off. Still they make great work boots for around my farm. Newer pair I bought (because of the quality of my previous pair) went right back. My daughter could have made me better boots with her crafty hot glue gun…

milemark_714

The pair that was sent back after the first of the year(wrong size)were of poor quality.The pair that I have from around 2003 are still decent.Had a pair of Danners that lasted 20 years(USA made).My next pair will be Danner USA made,not China made.They cost more,but will probably will hold up better.

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

I agree china made boots are junk. You need to look close at the redwing boots you buy also alot of them being made in china. Also have had the same problem with them they don’t hold together seems like Danner is one of the only good boots made.

jerry b
    western WI

Same with Columbia’s Bugaboo’s. Used to be a big fan, excellent boot. They’ve changed and cheapened them so much I won’t even try’m on anymore jerr

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

X2, my first pair lasted for over 10 yrs. (made in the US) and then my next pair lasted for 1.

100% my experience. The 1990s boot were great. The new ones sucks.

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

yeap i bought a pair of rockys last fall and they leak like a sive and are not that warm. have been extremly disappointed in them my glued together bass pro boots are way better than my pos rockys.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

My old Rockys from 2005-06 are in still really great shap, however they’ve never really been very warm

I’m still looking for that all around good boot that is waterproof, and will keep my feet warm during fall and winter fishing

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Maybe 8 years ago I bought a pair of Red Wings with 600 grams of insulation for my fall hunting. Loved them right off. A month or so later I found some 1000 gram Rockys on sale and thought they,d be great for colder weather deer and ice fishing, so I bought those as well. The Rockys did ok the first year, but now I lace up those wings regardless of what I am going to do in the cold. Rockys don’t cut it. Buy American.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.