Steven Jackson and The Packers Talk Deal

• STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

Yep, we’ll take him.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

That would be SWEET!!Thats what the Pack is missing, a good RB!

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Yeah, and someone durable too

Let’s get back to ground and pound smashmouth football

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

Let’s get back to ground and pound smashmouth football

With a QB like Rodgers and your receiving core? Seems silly to me… I believe Jackson will make your team much better, but I doubt your offensive philsophy will make a 180 degree shift.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Jackson has more wear on his tires than I do. I’d like to see the Pack pick him up, but at the right price. 5M a year would be double what he would be worth to GB. They don’t need a 25 carry per game RB. They are a passing team. No need to change that.

rmartin
    United States

You always need to have a opposing team respect the run to help make the passing game go.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

S Jax would be a great addition, he can block as well as break one open for a long gain. Keeps the defence from keying on the pass game. He would also help ware down the D-Line.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I agree GB could use a good quality back. Jackson is a good quality back but is at the age that most backs with his number of carries start to break down. Unless they can get him at a good price, I would rather they use the extra money to extend Mathews, Raji, and Rogers.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

You always need to have a opposing team respect the run to help make the passing game go.

I think this is a no brainer pick up

This is only gonna help Rodger’s stats

I don’t think Stee Jax is gonna be looking for a payday by coming to the packers, he’s looking for a Superbowl

If there’s one thing that Ted Thompson and the Packers do well is get good players at the right price

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Should have went after the offensive tackle Jake Long from miami, doesn’t matter what kind of back you put behind our horrendous line, need holes to run through. Plus that would keep Rodgers upright more often, who cares if we have a good rb if Rodgers gets sacked 5 times a game and gets hurt. Just face it the Packers cannot play smashmouth football it’s not in their make-up. Might be a good addition but I think money would have been spent better on an o-lineman.

LenH
    Wisconsin

Quote:

Should have went after the offensive tackle Jake Long from miami, doesn’t matter what kind of back you put behind our horrendous line, need holes to run through. Plus that would keep Rodgers upright more often, who cares if we have a good rb if Rodgers gets sacked 5 times a game and gets hurt. Just face it the Packers cannot play smashmouth football it’s not in their make-up. Might be a good addition but I think money would have been spent better on an o-lineman.

X2

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Jackson will be to football what Nickelback is to football.

They should have gone after Reggie Bush, a much better fit.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

No matter. He won’t get past the Great Barrier Reef that is Allen, Robinson, Williams and…

…Urlacher.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Yeah, I suppose

I’m sure they’ll be going for a few O-linemen during the draft

JoeMX1825
    MN

he just signed with the Falcons

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Oh Well

But let’s look on the bright side, the Vikes just signed Matt Cassel of the Kansas City Chiefs

And we all know how well they did last year

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You saw Joe Webb throw the ball in GB right? Anyone, I mean anyone, would be better than that.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.