Anyone doing any fishing around Breezy Point, MN?

• das_bass
    Mound, MN

My wife and I are talking advantage of a great deal at Breezy Point, and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on which lakes are better for crappie, sunfish & perch this time of year. Or which bait shops to check for that.

Also, how is the ice up there lately? In addition to doing a little ice fishing, my wife is interested in renting a snowmobile and riding around the lake or the local trails, so if anyone has a suggestion of who to rent from up there, I would appreciate that too.

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

As for a local bait shop up there, Sportland bait has been good to me in the past. They should be able to help you with your other questions.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

I’ve been fishing more around the Nisswa area. See the Brainerd lakes section for my reports.

As for bait shops I also use Hot Spot just south of Nisswa and a bit north of Sportland. Sorry, don’t have better info for Breezy.

What I can tell you is that the ice is thick. I was up two weeks ago and it was starting to get to the end of the auger, around 30″. Trails were in great shape too. I’ll guess the last storm kept them in good shape. Check with Breezy for area rentals.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.