Mexico fishing Photos. 2013

• buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Had a great trip to Ixtappa mexico baracuda fishing was the highlight of my trip the small game fishing was slow released multiple sailfish on our deep sea fishing trip but found a new adrenalin rush and boy do theses fish fight on light gear

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’ve caught several of those in the Bahamas. They are crazy fast and powerfull. Did they tell you the way they find out if they are safe to eat? They fillet it up and they cook up some and give it to their neighbors to eat, if they are still alive the next morning then they eat the rest

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sure miss going down there fishing every winter. Think I got a almost identical photo of that island somewhere. Are those wahoo in the photos? Never caught one yet. What boat did you guys fish on?

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Ive heard they feed them to the neibors dog lol the captain said they were safe to eat fished with captain chico garcia in the lamrada we filleted 2 of the baracudas some of the best eating fish ive had

luckydog2
    The Villages Florida

Where did you stay in Ixtapa? From the pictures it looks like you fished out of Zihuatanejo. What is the going rate for a days fishing in a “Pango” boat? I fished there about 10 years ago and the rate then was about $200 U.S. all day, can’t remember exactly, that was for 2 fishermen. Always in January for 5-6 years. I have considered staying in Zihuatanejo at Hotel Casa Aurora, just 1 block from the harbor. That would be for a “Man” fishing trip only. If wives were along then Ixtapa is the way to go. Always had good luck for Mahi-Mahi and sailfish. Have caught tuna (up to 110 lbs.) and rooster fish to about 35 lbs. A 35 lb rooster fish fights like a 35 lb. bluegill. Awesome fight.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Rooster fish is what I always wanted to catch but hadnt had any luck yet. Cool looking fish and hear that they are supposed to be super fast.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

I always stay at the barcello in Ixtappa we paid 180 $ usd small game 250 $ for deep. Sea fishing and 210 $ for nite fishing baracuda divided by 3 guys cant beat the weather down there for shure

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Got to love the flights down there to. We used to do a non stop early morning flight down. Fly down and be belly up on the beach by 11am. Never tried night fishing there. Did some surf fishing with limited luck. That was mostly down on Playa Blanca and at barra de pottisi.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.