Favorite color in a plastic

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

If I had to narrow down all the colors I use in plastics to just one primary color it would have to be purple. By primary I mean either entirely purple of the majority of the bait color.

What are some of your go-to colors.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

purple would be my top choice also. Dont know why but that always produces more than any other color.Pink would be my next choice.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Chartreuse

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Firecracker

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Watermelon red

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

purple or chartruse

BBKK
    IA

Well. It completely depends on what I am fishing for.
    Panfish- Chartreuse
    Walleye- White
    Bass- Green pumpkin

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Tough choice between purple and chartreuse, but I would pick chartreuse as it, and variations of it, produce more fish on my home waters than purples. Maybe because I fish them more.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Purple with glitter by far my number one, black is a close second, red is third.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

My home waters are extremely clear so my choices tend to be green pumpkin, smoke, and bluegill colors. Exept when I fish crappies; then it is pink and white and chartreuse variations.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Tom, I’m a purple guy as well! But not just plastics purple huskie jerks purple jigs purple dbl cowgirls and purple blade baits! Anything I tie onto my line that’s purple is almost sure to get eaten by something.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

If I had to narrow down all the colors I use in plastics to just one primary color it would have to be purple. By primary I mean either entirely purple of the majority of the bait color.

What are some of your go-to colors.

Day in and day out, Stewart Pro Blue by far…and I’m talking scaly fish here on the river. A person could say there’s some purple in there I ‘spose.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Interesting replies, but almost predictable. Chartreuse has a real strong following and actually chartreuse is at least a strong component in many of my pet colors as a tail color.

It would have been fun to narrow this question down even more and specify which species to go along with color choice.

Fun stuff to hear what others see as their favorite color or go-to. I remember back in the mid-70’s I got a deal on some bulk Mister Twister 1″ and 2″ twister tails in chartreuse. I bought 3000 of each size. I still have a mess of those nasty, color bleeding, critters. For a while they were my favorite color too, lol.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Electric Blue Pearl Tail..

FANTASTIC results for this guy !!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

No way, no how could I ever choose a single color.
    To many variations between species, lakes, rivers, amount of daylight, etc…..

Purple & chartreuse are both great colors but only a starting point.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I normally fish stained water and motor oil and black rule.

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

Motor oil

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.