• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I did not know that. Thanks H4W!

mrglax

Quote:

ok I think you missed this part

Minnesota residents and persons fishing under a Minnesota
    nonresident license must comply with the Minnesota regulations.

They can put that in their regs if they want but how is it enforceable? MN has no right to legislate what goes on within the borders of the state of WI, and the MN CO’s have no jurisdiction to be checking folks on the WI side of the border.

But while we’re on the subject of the border waters, here’s a little tidbit in the MN regs that I find interesting.

“Importing live minnows into Minnesota for use as bait is unlawful.”

It’s IMO not a bad policy for inland waters, but it’s asinine for border waters and should have a caveat as such. It’s the kind of thing I think most CO’s would take a common sense approach to, but it’s also the kind of thing they can stick you with if they feel like being a jerk.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I think it would be the CO that would be explaining to the judge why bringing legal minnows on the Mississippi and entering MN waters would be a chargeable offense.

Not the angler. LOL!

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Quote:

Quote:

ok I think you missed this part

Minnesota residents and persons fishing under a Minnesota

nonresident license must comply with the Minnesota regulations.

They can put that in their regs if they want but how is it enforceable? MN has no right to legislate what goes on within the borders of the state of WI, and the MN CO’s have no jurisdiction to be checking folks on the WI side of the border.

I guess we will need to find out if Wisconsin will honer fishing in their waters without a Non-resident and having a Mn license and still use the more liberal regs.

Looks to me the previous understanding looks to be invalid.

If it is invalid, I dont know why Wisconsin would let a unlicensed angler fish their waters when the other boarder state says you must have the other states license to capitalize on the more liberal regs.

Amazing how a few words can throw a monkey wrench into something, specially without any explanation.

The words with that state’s license threw me for a loop of confusion.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.