WIld win finally

• superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

well they should of lost it a few times again—but they sure had there chances to put a few in too-the wild that is—i still see guys in front of our net all alone to often-thank god for those guys not getting good shots off!! but hey we won!! setoguchi got a goal too–man he’s been getting some chances with it just not going in for him–hopeflly they can get things going now!!

chirp
    Rochester

Still not scoring enough to win consistantly. Have to get the offense going somehow. I agree to many people standing alone in front of our net. D needs to stay home.

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

agreed–lets see how they do tonight now!!! hopefully they will start gelling and get things going!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The Wild looked much better tonight. They may have turned a corner, but there is one problem. They can’t score on the PP!

They seems so adamant on setting up the PP they will pass on trying to score on the rush like Vancouver did on their first goal.

Still, they are drawing a lot of penalties and doing a much better job of winning puck battles. I really like the line combos now too.

Setoguchi and Granlund have both responded after being demoted and scratched. They are headed in the right direction.

This is a very important 5 game stretch. These are the teams we will be battling for those last few spots and all of these games are very winnable. There are 10 points up for grabs and I’d like to see 7 points and hopefully not many OT games.

COL
    DET

@ EDM
    @ CGY

CGY

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I don’t see many corners being turned. They still aren’t scoring goals. Only one again last night. Lack of goal scoring has been a recurring theme since the mid point last year. I agree with your assessment of the upcoming games though. If they don’t get on a roll in the next 10 days it will be non stop Twins talk from me.

Follmerpa
    white bear lake

Do you guys think Yeo has too much talent and does not know how to use them effectively?
    Would a more seasoned coach get this team scoring?

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Do you guys think Yeo has too much talent and does not know how to use them effectively?
    Would a more seasoned coach get this team scoring?

Yeo is just another Jacques Lamaire. A defensive coach who will take whatever offense he can get.It’s hard to gage what Yeo is as a coach. All the opposing coaches are stacking against the Parise line and until somebody else starts scoring I don’t think the coach matters. Throughout this crappy season thus far the defense has been pretty darn good. They haven’t given up a bunch of goals, but then they haven’t had to stop anybody either. Like Pug said the next few games will tell the story. Take their fraudulent over time & shoot-out points away and they haven’t done much.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yeo isn’t the problem. Well, the one area he might be the problem is the PP. People in Pittsbugh were happy to see him go because he ran the PP, although he did win a cup running their PP.

I wish the team would do 2 things on the PP. Don’t give up on a rush just to set up the PP. Second, one time the puck. Don’t catch the pass, look around and then let a slap shot go. I’d also like to see them try and attack and the middle of the offensive zone, instead of trying from the sides.

PP goals are bread and butter points. That’s how all the team and goal scorer pad their stats.

The reason I said they might be turning a corner is that they played a couple solid games, despite not scoring. Suter is looking more and more comfortable. They are showing good puck support. Guys like Granlund, Brodz and Setoguchi were struggling, but are now starting to find their way.

These five games could easily turn things around. None of these teams have great goaltending, except the Flames if Kiprusoff comes back 100%. None of these teams are scoring any more goals than we are.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.