Sny Magill/Bussey

• fishiowa93
    Eastern Iowa

Hey guys, i’m headed up to either Bussey (fished a lot) or the Sny Magill area (never fished it) in the morning. I’ve heard of a few areas to watch out for around Sny Magill, so any ice reports would really be appreciated. Also, anyone with directions on where to head from the boat ramp to get to Norwegian/Ice/Sandbar, that would be very helpful. Thanks for the help and i’ll be sure to post the results.

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

The ice is very sketchy. We hovered over below sny and there was a ton of bad bad bad ice. Ive heard of guys going through by bagley and had to be rescued.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Yeah, I’d be careful. You have to cross a slough when you get to Sny and it can be tricky. I would be hesitant to advise. My brother fell through Norwegian a few years back and the weather was very similar to this. Once that ice gets bad, you go through. I went squirrel hunting today, just to stay dry.

fishiowa93
    Eastern Iowa

Thanks guys. Definitely no plans on going to Sny. Would be pretty cool to hover over though. Any ideas if Bussey is still good? I’d like to avoid the long drive if it’s bad.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Give Murray’s Bait a call, they’re in Guttenberg. Beth, the owner, is my aunt, and she would know. Here’s the number: 563-252-1838. Good luck!

riverdog

What is Ice Lake? Never heard of it.

fishiowa93
    Eastern Iowa

I could be making it up. But it seems like i’ve heard Ice lake mentioned with that area. Now to the report. Despite the cold snap and poor fishing reports from the area it was one of my best days on Bussey. Lots of nice perch including a personal best that was just over 12″. Couldn’t believe how stupid some people are when driving on ice though. Moved twice for safety reasons.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.