black lab help

• has
    Hudson, WI

My buddy just lost a awesome dog to cancer. Now he is looking for a new pup. Need to a family dog as there expecting there first baby in june. But also needs to be a great pheasant dog. Looking towards a british lab as he likes the clam demeaner. Any thoughts or suggestion on breeders.

the_hat
    SE Metro

Checkout
    River Valley British Labs.

Couldn’t be happier with my buddy. Great for fowl and upland and awesome around children.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Jerry Sather at Labs Unlimited.

Let Jerry know that Francis gave you the lead.

He has a breeding coming up in the very near future, so a spring puppy is always nice and a puppy could be ready to go this coming fall.

Pictured is my current bird hound machine from Jerry, Sadie. I couldn’t be happier with her.

abe
    La Crosse

I’m on my second british lab. She is a hard worker in both the marsh and upland. She weighs 50lbs. My first lab was a traditional “american” style and came in at about 75 which was still ok for size and he was a great dog as well. I have seen those huge american style labs push 90+lbs. In my opinion just too big for the house (and for sleeping on the bed). I had one lab come from Wildrose Kennels and my most recent from Royalty British Kennels, mostly because the drive was much closer. Be ready to pony up some serious cash. Both vendors were reliable and I have no issues with either one. Both my british labs display very calm demeanors, my friends and guest always comment on how calm she is. However, I think it has a lot to do with how you raise the dog in the early stages, trust the crate method, don’t instill separation anxiety and you will end up with a polite mannered dog. My buddy has a 10 yr old british lab that is still psycho when people show up, it came from Southwind British Labs, let’s just say I don’t think it was the kennels fault after watching my kids grow up around my buddy. He would come over, get the kids all pumped up, jumping on him, wrestling, running around, and then leave with my wife and I to deal with the after math!! That’s ok, paybacks hopefully coming soon now that he is married

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Quote:

He would come over, get the kids all pumped up, jumping on him, wrestling, running around, and then leave with my wife and I to deal with the after math!!

I used to do that to my sister’s kids when I duck hunted with her husband. hehe too fun

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

T T T here’s 1 from awhile back
    Stan

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

I have 3 from royalty british kennels. Call John and tell him Joe sent you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.