State Weapons Ban?

• TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

I just heard on the radio that the state of MN legislation is bringing up discussion about a high capacity magazine ban and AR ban of their own in Minnesota?

Has anyone else heard this yet? I have to work today but if it is true it looks like I have to start writing some letters.

Someone please tell me I was hearing things.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

There goes my day.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Why don’t you guys write the NRA and organize a march on the capitol? The NRA could give free tee shirts for the marchers with NRA across the chest. The marchers in turn could each bring a cased unloaded shotgun to the march. If you could get say 25,000 guys totting guns in front of the capitol they would get all kinds of press! After that you could all march on Washington D.C., GEEZ just think of the coverage of 1 million guys marching with guns!!

( All the gun guys can relax, this was said tongue in cheek. )

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

Quote:

You might think its funny now, but you wait. It won’t be so funny when they start limiting the amount of horse power you hang on the back of your boat because of all the harm being done to Mother Earth

It’s all about our freedom and them wanting to limit it

I hope they aren’t planning some sort of ban.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

No funny. Should delete.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

These “People” (trying to be kind here) using recent trageties for thier polictical agendas make me sick & me off!

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

Found on the Tribune.

Other bills likely to come before the Legislature this session include a ban on so-called assault weapons and on high-capacity magazines; increased police presence in schools, and enhanced penalties when criminals are armed — even if they don’t use the weapon in the crime.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

If this is the story then, I’d review it before you move to the bomb shelter and weld the door shut. web page

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

If this is the story then, I’d review it before you move to the bomb shelter and weld the door shut. web page

Don’t forget to get your Spam first!!

lhprop1
    Eagan

Even though the Dems have a monopoly in St Paul, I don’t see anything like this passing. A majority of the state congressmen are from outstate and something like a state AWB would be the end of their political career.

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

Quote:

You might think its funny now, but you wait. It won’t be so funny when they start limiting the amount of horse power you hang on the back of your boat because of all the harm being done to Mother Earth

It’s all about our freedom and them wanting to limit it

I hope they aren’t planning some sort of ban.

You mean like when they legislated for cleaner air? Or when they legislated for cleaner water? Or how about when they legislated seat belt use to save lives? Geez, how about the balls it took to pass a law saying your blood alcohol can’t be 2.0 and you don’t have the RIGHT to kill somebody with a vehicle? The nerve of them.

I’ll tell you what I think is hysterical. It’s the fever you guys work yourself into over a common sense discussion. Take your guns, take your kids, grab 100 years of food and head for the Idaho mountains where you will be safe.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Don’t forget the shiny side of the tin foil needs to be exposed.

desperado

Quote:

Don’t forget to get your Spam first!!

AND TWINKIES

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

You are right on with this one Taz. It bothers me that there are fellow sportsman on the opposite side of this issue. Do any of you remember anything about Hitler’s Nazi regime ? Once any goverment disarms you they can have there way with you ! nuff said

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

You are right on with this one Taz. It bothers me that there are fellow sportsman on the opposite side of this issue. Do any of you remeber anything about Hilter’s Nazi regime ? Once any goverment disarms you they can have there way with you ! nuff said

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

You are right on with this one Taz. It bothers me that there are fellow sportsman on the opposite side of this issue. Do any of you remeber anything about Hilter’s Nazi regime ? Once any goverment disarms you they can have there way with you ! nuff said

Taz let me say nothing I said is directed at you personally. It’s just a accumulation of all the threads on guns & rights I’ve read since Sandy Hook.

So, just which part of Nazi Germany should I be afraid of? Germany was disarmed by the allied forces after WW1 so they (the Nazi) banned nothing.

BTW, when I was a kid in elementary school we were taught to get under the desk and put our head between our knee’s. This was because the big bad Russians were going to nuke us. Never happened. As I aged and grew older I realized that the only nation in the world to use a nuclear bomb against people was the Unites States. Once I discovered that I learned to think for myself and use some sort of common sense where the media and government comes into play.

Nobody has suggested that you line up like sheep and turn your guns in. They are asking for limited use on certain weapons which is not unreasonable in my mind.

Maybe I should be pissed that I’m not allowed to own a howitzer? Does anybody know if it’s legal to own a scud missile?

I’ll bow out of the discussion now because we all know where it’s going to go and ultimately end up.

mkto23
    Mankato, MN

Quote:

LOL, nice comparison….you are not being disarmed by the govt. limiting the size of the clip you put in your assault weapon that you apparently need as an entitled American.

No, I don’t believe this law will stop any killings but I also don’t believe you need a semi automatic weapon….just because your an American….get a life…what a stupid comment. Get concerned about something that really matters and stop acting like you are a victim of the govt

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

but I also don’t believe you need a semi automatic weapon

Uh huh. You don’t want one, that is fine. but don’t tell me I can’t have one.

I assume you are referring to all semi-autos? Pistol, shotgun and rifle?

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

Shows what you really know. I already own a semi automatic (weapon) in the form of a Benneli Autoloading shotgun. Once again its a threat against ALL gun ownership. And the government would do what you just stated by categorizing all semiautos as assult weapons.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Give them an inch and they will take a mile. Simple as that. No additional gun bans of any kind is the only solution. Otherwise all you do is weaken the innocent.

mkto23
    Mankato, MN

I own shotguns as well. Was referring to assualt weapons. Nobody said you couldn’t have them….

Just funny how people get when these subjects come up….it will never happen that you can’t have firearms that you use for hunting…just wont happen.

I know, I know….YOU just wait and see, THEY WILL!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I heard that this was expected to come but cannot be upheld. I heard the the Supreme court cannot uphold any cases in favor of these types of laws.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I never understand why people always want more laws and restrictions.

Unfortunately I know from experience that our current legal system has to many laws on the books that they currently don’t use to prosecute offenders. I know of one young woman who supplied firearms to a known felon who ended randomly shooting up a Rochester neighborhood. This woman never faced any legal action. Despite our best efforts to get everyone to prosecute (even call to the US Attorney General).

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Actually I’d like to have the authorities go out and confiscate weapons. From folks with active domestic abuse restraining orders (but of course this might only stop the killing of women, so what the heck)

And then there are the felons in possession of guns who haven’t had their rights restored.

And those who leave loaded guns lying all over the house. (which often leads to more half sized caskets).

I’m not sure about the folks illegally carry – felon or not they should be prosecuted. (there might be someone who keeps a Davedevil or Pikey Minnow under the front seat, just in case – but a loaded 357?)

And maybe revoke firearm dealer licenses from retailers who capitalize on mass murders by making infomercials for their products?

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

Man you just dont get it ! Who’s to say that the shotgun you own could be in someone’s mind ,in the same catagory as an (assult weapon) ? And no I’m not paranoid.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

NY list shows Benneli M2 and Remington 1100. They say tactical but you and I know thats not much different functionally than the ones we own.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

NY list shows Benneli M2 and Remington 1100. They say tactical but you and I know thats not much different functionally than the ones we own.

Exactly. What makes them “tactical”? A mag extender, a pistol grip and a rail for lights? Anyone who actually knows guns knows that functionally a stock M2 and a “pimped out” M2 are exactly the same.

I can see the gov’t making a broad generalization to all “semi-auto” weapons including grandpa’s favorite deer rifle and duck gun.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

LOL, nice comparison….you are not being disarmed by the govt. limiting the size of the clip you put in your assault weapon that you apparently need as an entitled American.

No, I don’t believe this law will stop any killings but I also don’t believe you need a semi automatic weapon….just because your an American….get a life…what a stupid comment. Get concerned about something that really matters and stop acting like you are a victim of the govt

Quote:

They are asking for limited use on certain weapons which is not unreasonable in my mind.

And this is where most of “gun nuts” have a problem. You deciding what is good for me and my family. I’m truly saddened so many individuals in this country are so eager to trample on the constitution. So many of our young men and women have payed the ultimate price so we can voice our opinions, own guns, vote etc…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.