dryer help,,, electric or gas? and why?

• smoke grub

I need to get a different clothes dryer.. would you get electric or gas,, and why? and is gas safe enough? its in a basement.. cobwebs.. and what not.. opinions. true stories.. let me know.. thanks for your advise , you guys have never been wrong so far..

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

For best performance and efficiency, gas is the way to go.

As for safety I would think that the coil on an electric dryer is just as likely to start a fire as the burner on a gas dryer. More important is to make sure you clean out the innards of your dryer once in a while and vacuum all the lint out of it.

Don Miller
    Onamia, MN

What is there now? For me running a new electric circuit or a new gas line would be a major factor. I would tend to go with whatever is already set up.

smoke grub

both connections are there.. gas and electric..

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Next question then would be where do you live and is gas cheaper per btu?

If gas is cheaper, that’s what I’d go to.
    Al

joemama
    North St Paul

Quote:

What is there now? For me running a new electric circuit or a new gas line would be a major factor. I would tend to go with whatever is already set up.

2x

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

We switched to gas 10 years ago and we will never go back. Seems to dry faster. May have been the dryer but I still think gas is the way to go.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Also if the elements go out in an electric dryer that can be expensive and fairly difficult to change, atleast for me. Its a whole lot easier to change a gas valve then the electric element. BTU for BTU gas is cheaper. The reason fires get started in a dryer is the lint that builds up, keep that vacumed out once a year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.