Twins trade Revere to Phillies!!

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

2 more pitchers coming back our way.

Go Terry go!!

riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

Preparing for 2014 and beyond….Mauer to Boston next??!

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

WTF…did not see that coming after Span was dealt. Could be a long next couple of years.

Ryan

Brian Hoffies

Maybe, although I think it will be Morneau mid-season.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I like the move and I liked getting rid of Span. Both were speedy leadoff types and good gloves but both had below average arms.

Revere’s average, SB’s will be missed but he’s only had the 1 good year.

Outfielder’s of their caliber are much easier to come by than quality pitchers. Worley hopefully can return to form after surgery last year for bone chips, but he throws a heavy ball and has nice SO ratio.

Twins had options in the OF with minor leaguers and others but had nothing coming up the P depth charts.

Good move!!

Eric

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

What pitchers?? Better be good cause revere was a very good player. Bad move imo. Whats next? Willingham to yankees?

mojogunter

Worley had a losing record in the minors last year. Sounds like a solid trade for us.

tbrooks11

Considering he didnt pitch in the minors last year, you are wrong. He was 11-3 with a 3.01 era his rookie year.. he was bothered last year by bone spurs (still 6-9 which is better than most Twins last year), the bone spur has already been removed this offseason. Great move Terry Ryan (again). I dont know about you guys but im ready to see Morneau shipped out during the offseason. Keep building for 2014 and beyond

Brian Hoffies

They need arms. If they show up in spring training with 100 pitching prospects I would be on board with that. Revere was a nice enough guy, could slap the ball around and run like a deer. But like Eric said it won’t be hard to replace him. Without pitching Span and Revere don’t make a difference anyway as we saw last year. Will these moves work? Who knows. But what we do know is what they tried the last 2 years didn’t work!

They say Hicks is more like Hunter, somebody who can run, has some power and can play center field. Maybe he will make the leap to the majors this year.

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

A guy who hits over .300.. steals bases..and covers cf like no other and is also really young. Hicks better be special cause to me that seems hard to replace. And worley? Cmon now he isnt anything special, but still an arm that “we” need.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Both of those pitchers had more losses than wins last season, and high ERA’s…not impressed, but still hopeful…I guess.

tbrooks11

haha he is nothing special? 11-3 with a 3.01 era his rookie year isnt special? they guy has a ton of talent, and Trevor May (the other guy in the trade) was the phillies top pitching prospect, he also won the minor league pitcher of the year in 2011 for the phillies.. im gonna take their opinion over yours.. and you should too. Our minor league system is LOADED with of talent, 4 or 5 guys will be fighting for our open spots in 2014.. whats the point of trying to go .500 next year anyways? dump now, load up for the future

FryDog62

Twins are doing what they should be doing – loading up on POWER arms. The “pitch-to-contact” guys we’ve had won’t work when that’s 4 of your 5 starters. Other teams just tighten the laces and go up there swingin’ from their heels.

I think with most teams there is a nucleus that builds and that group either wins it or ages and fades. The Twins nucleus of the past 5 years has faded. They need to move the guys that are worth something yet to build the next nucleus of up and comers that have a chance to not only win the Central but maybe a playoff series.

Power arms are a must to go deep in the playoffs. The way the playoffs are scheduled with breaks in the schedule, you don’t need 5 soft-tossers. You need 3 solid power arms. You can’t make the playoffs and have Brian Duensing go up against CC Sabathia in game 1 and expect to win.

Terry Ryan is taking some huge chances, but I think they are the right ones for the window in time the Twins are currently at. Honestly, if you could trade Mauer for 3-4 blue-chip prospects with a high ceiling – I do that too~

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Quote:

haha he is nothing special? 11-3 with a 3.01 era his rookie year isnt special? they guy has a ton of talent, and Trevor May (the other guy in the trade) was the phillies top pitching prospect, he also won the minor league pitcher of the year in 2011 for the phillies.. im gonna take their opinion over yours.. and you should too. Our minor league system is LOADED with of talent, 4 or 5 guys will be fighting for our open spots in 2014.. whats the point of trying to go .500 next year anyways? dump now, load up for the future

I thought next years season was 2103 not 2014…noone even knows if there will be a 2014 season. Looking 2 years ahead is a joke. they need to fill the stands in 2013 first.

tbrooks11

yes you are right, 2014 comes after next year..which is 2013. If your a bad team, you rebuild. To rebuild you have to give up a few years in order to be good again. After trading 2 of the starting outfielders, its pretty obvious that the Twins are no longer trying to win in 2013. We are building for the future, that seems extremely obvious to me.. i dont know what you could be thinking? 2014 is the soonest the twins will be relevant again, and you have to accept that.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Screw that. Damn NHLPA is playing games, thats the real and only sports news today.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

What the heck is an NHLPA? Talk about irrelevant.

FryDog62

Do they still play hockey in Minnesota? I thought the North Stars moved to Texas??

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Aren’t you two cute.

owen nelson
    Iowa

now we’ll just get beat 1-0 instead of 6-5 its going to be a long year!

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

now we’ll just get beat 1-0 instead of 6-5 its going to be a long year!

The number 1 problem the last 2 years is the Twins were down 4-0 after 2 innings all to often. That taxes the bullpen & the offense when it keeps happening.

At least they are trying to tighten things up.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.