Everybodys favorite hook-sets

• cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

The thump when a bass eats a plastic worm….or a smallie just crushes a spinnerbait Thanks St. Croix rods for the “feelings” lol….

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Exactly what happened to my wife Tom….Was great fun until the muskies teeth won the battle

Doug Sponseller
    Houghton Lake, Michigan

Jigging muskies at the mouth of the Detroit River and Lake St Claire. 7 oz Bondy Bait. The muskie has 2 ways to hit this jig…you notice it is not dropping any more and set the hook. Or the best hit…she just tries to take the rod out of your hand and head down river. Absolute vicious strike……

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

The 10 O’clock hook set is something that has to be experienced!

‘Course when Stuart set the hook on a flat and it brought him to his knees, that was pretty awesome as well!

Oh ya,that was a good night!!

tswoboda

Figure 8 musky… pure awesomeness

FryDog62

Slowly dancin’ a plastic craw down the back edge of a large boulder into the dark shadows…only to watch your line take off side ways in the mouth of a 5 pound smallie. Dig the heels in, tighten the slack and SMACK ’em!

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Gotta be vertical jigging Kings for me. Whether its spoons or plastics, theres nothing like that hit. Feels like somebody just punched you in the shoulder, and then you get to watch 100yds of line disappear off the spool. Nothing else like it in freshwater!

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

Figure 8 musky… pure awesomeness

Nothing else in fishing compairs to this!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

A big flathead when it hits hard and nearly takes the pole out of your hands, then puts on the after burners and heads for open water or back down to the bottom, one of my favorite hits.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.