LOTW recomendations

• eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Im sure this topic has been discussed before, but I’m looking for some up to date opinions. A few friends and I are looking to make a trip to Lake of the Woods this year for an ice fishing trip. There would most likely be four of us and we are leaning towards doing a sleeper shack, but would be open to the idea of a cabin as well. Ive heard that there’s little to no night bite on LOTW which makes me wonder if a sleeper shack would be worth it, but we all think the idea of spending all day and night on the ice is pretty cool. So… anybody have some opinions?

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

I’ve stayed in a sleeper on LOTW 6 or 8 times and can count on one hand the number of walleyes I’ve caught after dark. I’d give zipple bay resort a call and ask them about they’re day house rental package.

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

Not trying to take away your topic but does anyone know if zipple bay resort has nice day houses? Do they keep there houses on fish? Thanks!

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

Not trying to take away your topic but does anyone know if zipple bay resort has nice day houses? Do they keep there houses on fish? Thanks!

The ones I’ve fished out of were typical LOTW houses and I’ve always done well fishing out of them.

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

We stayed at Sportsman’s in a sleeper shack early March last year and the 4 of us did pretty well. We were not overly impressed with the house itself though. We are heading up again mid Feb out or Arneson’s in a sleeper this year, they have pretty nice shacks. Hopefully the fish cooperate!

Ryan

charlesdarmer
    oakdale mn

Steves lucky bait in baudette is awesome, he has a motel/dorm set up with 2 beds per room. a nice community room with cable, (you can watch canada tv which i think is cool). ive known steve for a long time and always treats his guests right. best part is bait, I like to save where i can and he always seems to give the biggest bang for the buck.
    STEVES LUCKY BAIT. 218-634-1019

jake-bohnsack
    Wright County Area

Borderview Lodge has good package deals and nice cabins to stay in. I usually go up there during the Rainy River run… good times. Borderview is a top notch operation that takes care of you.

Jake

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.