William O’ Brien/Interstate Park Info

• Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

I’m thinking about planning a camping trip in early summer(JUNE). How navagable is the Croix in these areas during late spring and early summer? I have a 17.5 deep-v fish and ski type boat w/ a 115, will this work? Or would I be better off with the 14 foot tiller?

Also how are the parks set up for family entertainment? Playgrounds, etc.? Is one area better than the other for fishing? I may need some pointers on the fishing in the future! Thanks for any help!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Boat sounds a little big for that time of year in that area. It all depends on how much water we have. 14’er might be much more well suited for that area.

William O brian does have a swimmng beach in a back water lake that should be good if warm enough. Plenty of hiking trails. Geo caching. cabins to stay in but would imagine you need to reserve ahead of time. If water levels are mid to low there is plenty of beaches on the main river to swim on. That is if it is warm enough. Canoe rental. Up river in Osceola is a train ride and a little farther up in taylors falls is paddle boat rides.

In june you might still get a decent bite trolling for walleyes and saugers. My old stand by is a night crawler on the bottom while watching the kids swim. Plenty of suckers, sheep head and bass to catch that way. Even a walleye once and a while.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.