short notice ?

• AllenW
    Mpls, MN

OK, looks like the wife and I are going to Two Harbours sunday for a day of fishing, can’t find a trade for Sat.

She wants to go up sat after work and stay the night, good thought, but can somebody reccomend a decent (wife approved) fairly safe motel/hotel/resort to stay at for the night??
    TIA

Al

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Stay in Duluth, more thing to do and eat.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

I believe there is an Americinn there.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Basicly supper and stay the night and leave in am for fishing, not looking to do much other than that.

Was hoping to stay near the launch and out of bigger cities, I live in Mpls so call me paranoid..
    Thanks though.
    Al

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Al, theres an american inn in Silver Bay.

Or else Stay in Duluth and fish out of the superior entry for lakers and salmon!

Sharon
    SE Metro

Quote:

Al, theres an american inn in Silver Bay

X2

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Ok, lets try this…

Choices are

Silver bay
    2 harbours
    Duluth and launch out of Sperior and use 6 lines on Wisc side (ought to be interesting with two beginners and 6 lines..

This is a trip with the wife, and her first time on big water in a longgggg time, so I’ll probably stay fairly close to shore for a bit.
    Fish are probably more important than what kind of fish we catch, the more the merrier.

Anyway, what ya all think?
    TIA

Al…who’s a bit confused right now.

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

First things first, its goona be coooool in the mornings so dress warm!!

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

And idk, I havent been out in awhile but I would expect success on the south side with salmon and trout alike. Water temps have cooled off a lot!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

And idk, I havent been out in awhile but I would expect success on the south side with salmon and trout alike. Water temps have cooled off a lot!

Yup, quad parka and layers…:)

Ok, I have some info on 2 harbors, also fished out of both 2 harbors and Silver Bay, both nice launches for the wife and I, but Silver Bay had some construction on the launch and i think I’ll try for 2 harbours first.

Also depends on where we find a place to stay that her highness likes.

Thanks much.

Al

At $214 for a night, even the wife thought Americinn was to spendy..:)

Appears the tree huggers are out in force, not a motel to be found from 2 harbours to silver bay.

I wanted to clean the garage anyway….:(

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I have stayed at Superior Shores in Two Harbors and the Americ Inn in Silver Bay. If I had the boat I would be staying at Superior Shores. More off the road and out of sight

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

I have stayed at Superior Shores in Two Harbors and the Americ Inn in Silver Bay. If I had the boat I would be staying at Superior Shores. More off the road and out of sight

Nothing availible there either.
    Al

bobberstop4054

check out earthwood motel bar and restaurant too. They have a website

bobberstop4054

1 mile south of two harbors, earthwood inn. Fun place and nice and cozy, not like the well known places.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

1 mile south of two harbors, earthwood inn. Fun place and nice and cozy, not like the well known places.

This was the place they told us we’d have to park on the other side of the road with our truck/trailer, not sure how safe that is?

Al

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Prime time fall color season up there. The nice or better places are booked months if not a full year in advance. Take the first place you find that is not booked!

-J.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Prime time fall color season up there. The nice or better places are booked months if not a full year in advance. Take the first place you find that is not booked!

-J.

Wife and I are both looking, but have pretty much settled on the south end of the lake, maybe a little less traffic going home too…uh huh..sure..

Al

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.