Israeli Police and “suspicious packages”

• John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I have to say, nobody can shut down a block and clear a “suspicious package” faster than the Israeli police. This isn’t the first time I’ve witnessed this, but it still amazes me. Was walking down the street heading to dinner near the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv. You very RARELY see actual police cars here, but all of the sudden this small white car swings sideways in the street and blocks traffic. 2 police officers jump out and I’m thinking suspicious package or important embassy visitor. Within 30 seconds there are a dozen cops getting people out of the way. No idea where they come from as there are only two cars with flashing lights. 15 minutes later, bomb squad has been in and out and are gone.

This is the 5th time I’ve see these guys clear a suspicious package. Every time it is impressive. They are SERIOUSLY good at what they do. Thankfully, I have not had to see them clear a real bomb, but I’m guessing they would be pretty good at that as well.

to the Israeli police. Thanks for keeping me safe when I’m here.

pantherpop
    Kalispell, MT

Lots and Lots of practice.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Wonder how many of those “suspicious packages” were Mini Moxies?

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

They were suppose to detain you and send me your boat keys..

Ron

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

I walked into the living room last week in my undies and my wife said I have a suspicious package too…

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The Israelis are also world class when it comes to Mass Casualty situations as well. The Paramedics at Megan David Adom have plenty of real life practice with all the bombings going on there. They are very impressive on how they can sort through 100+ casualties and get people the medical care they need in short order

Denny O
    Central IOWA

John, Keep Your Head DOWN!
    Come back home to us safe and alive, please.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.