Sufix 832 Advanced Lead Core Line Review

• dentedboatguy

I will be fishing Pipestone lake in Ontario next week for eyes and lakers. Eight colors will get me down to 55-60 feet, throw in the leader and I should get down to 65-70 feet which if true I find amazing using a simple lead core setup. I’ll report my success or failure with deep water lead core trolling.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I was using Suffix 832 #12.

Because of a brain fart with one of my setups while I was out fishing alone, I had to resort back to using a full spool of Cabelas LC.
    Huge differecnce there, it was too much line out for my liking.

I had two segmented LC set ups with the #12 line spooled on each, one of which my wife handled with ease and no complaints.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

How was the bite Jeff? My neighbor is heading up this weekend with a lead core setup of mine.

LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

Fantastic review Brad and great follow up discussion everyone It’s this very type of thread that makes this the best fishing site on the web

><(((>

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I thought it was pretty good for our first trip up there, we had some areas that we found that were very consistent in the 30′-32′ FOW range. Our worst day if you call it that was 12 walleyes and some small sauger.

Our best carnk baits were, red crawdad colors, and the hot lure was a Berkly # 7 shad in a puple & red pattren.

We did our best the first several days, out on the field as we were told. just north of Zippel bay And south of Long Point.
    As the week went on,the wind started blowing out of the NW which limited the ares we could fish.

I moved into some shallower water 25′ the last day we fished, and found some real nice sized eyes.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

I started to play with the 832 leadcore this weekend. I found too that the leadcore could stick through after trimming the lead to make a connection knot. I used a lighter to part the lead core. If you do it right you can round the end or even make a small ball making it less likly to poke out of the cover wrap. i prefer to do a double uni knot to make my connections.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.