Lowrance Froze! Help

• Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

My 111hd screen is stuck on the start up and won’t turn off either unless I kill the power. I made sure none of the buttons were stuck and cables good. Any ideas? Thanks

Yes I can call Lowrance, read the manual..etc. But posting on IDO is much easier.

score92
    WBL, MN

Check the fuse, also try the soft/hard reset.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

It’s been years since I’ve had problems. Which buttons do you use for the resets?

kroger3
    blaine mn

I do not think a reset will work because it does not get to the loading screen… This happens quit often on one of my Gen 1 HDS units and I have to pull the fuse, power it back up, and just wait and wait and wait. Some times takes 20 minutes and finally it will go to the loading screen and power up. I will then power it down and power it back up and do a soft reset. Good ol Lowrance!

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Resets didn’t work. What fuse are we talking about?

kroger3
    blaine mn

just the main power fuse supplying the line, should be a 3 amp fuse. but pulling the plug from the back would do the same as pulling the fuse. Double check with a meter that you have enough voltage at the plug (11v-13.5v). Sorry not to familiar with the LCX units.

kroger3
    blaine mn

is it hooked up into any kind of network or anything? try pulling the power plug as well as your transducer and networks and power it back up with just the power plug installed.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Everything has been pulled and used on my back up unit. And works fine. I have a breaker on my ranger that turns off all the power.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

sounds like your lcx111 has shait the bed. lowrance does not fix that unit anymore. they may give you some kind of discount if you send the unit in and buy a new hds unit. give them a call and see what your options are

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.