Boar Hunting Suggestions

• Sharon
    SE Metro

I posted this on the hunting side, but I didn’t get too many responses, so I thought I’d post here too. A couple of years ago my husband and his dad went on a boar hunting trip down in Missouri and they had a blast! My husband and I are interested in going boar hunting together now, but we’re looking to stay a little closer to home (MN), if possible. We may just end up planning a trip down to Missouri though if we have to. It would jusst be easier on the gas tank if there was a ranch or something closer. Any suggestions on places would be great! Thanks!

super_do
    St Michael, MN

I heard of a place, not sure (LeBlanc’s?)a few years ago. I happened to be in a meat market and there were a few hanging in the cooler. I asked the guy working there and he said the place was up near Little Falls-Motley. Also heard there is supposed to be a place in Iowa somewhere. Have you searched on-line? Sorry, that’s all I got.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Can’t remember the name of the place but there’s a place by brainard to hunt them. Did it several years back and it was a blast!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Make sure you get the knife hunting excursion…anyone can shoot them.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The place in Iowa is North Star Gameland. They do have a website and will also send you a detailed pamplet about the place. Well run outfit, IMO.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

In southern Iowa theres a place but make sure you go to the corner grocery store and ask the clerk to reach under the counter to get you a bottle of, Bal-s the size of a gorillas solution, befor you decide to chase it down with a knife, then you’ll be set to go, don’t worry it works for everybody.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Are you set on MO because you want to hunt within driving distance? Or is a flying trip an option?

Also, by “boar” do you mean the actual European wild boar, or are you using that term to mean wild hog hunting in general? From your post, it sounds like you actually mean wild boar, but some people use that as a synonym for wild hog hunting in which case there are significantly more options.

Grouse

Sharon
    SE Metro

Grouse, we’re looking to be able to drive to a location, as flying would be too expensive. We’re not set on MO, that’s just where my husband went before and we’re looking to see if there’s a place closer to MN. He hunted Razorbacks and Russian boars down in MO, so I believe that’s what he has in mind.

I’ve got some good websites to check out now. Thanks everyone for your input!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.