Interesting Sports Story

• sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

It’s time to start the annual MN vs WI trash talk.
    Last night the Rochester news had two sports stories I found interesting. The first had to do with the Vikes changing the numbers of tickets to ensure no game TV black out for lack of sales. And the other on a similar note was about the Gophers football and the lack of student ticket sales. The story said student sales were only a bit over 2000 compared to sellout of 10,000 in 2009. Then he made comparison to WI Badgers that sold out 13K student tickets in 30 minutes. And we all know that the Packer waiting list for tickets exceeds the stadium capacity and the standard answer when applying is not in my lifetime. So what’s up MN sports fans??

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Good poke, Rock!!!

Mark

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

So what’s up MN sports fans??

A: Better things to do than spend time on weekends watching sports.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Quote:

The last time the Gopher’s football program was decent was when I was 5 years old. That was 51 years ago. Since then we’ve suffered through Brewsters and Wackers and Gutenkunst and a lot of 3 win seasons. How much of that can you take?

The Vikings were a powerhouse in the 1970’s. That was 40 years ago. Since then they’ve had a couple of good seasons; seasons that ended in bitter disappointment (Remember Atlanta?). And of course this is a team that leads the NFL in felony offenses and problems with the Law. How much of this can you take?

I could mention the Twins, the Wild missing the playoffs for years, the Wolves…but you get the point. Minnesota teams are universally awful and very tough to watch. After decades of this people have found other things to be interested in.

Rootski

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I guess here in Minnesota we have more to live for than Sports teams. Besides we all know in Wisc. attending sporting events has nothing to do with the sport. Its all about the

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Let’s not forget the buck necked booty cruise…

Other than that golden oldie. I’m quite scared the Packers might lose a few games this year. We have no running game to speak of, no backup quarterback, and the defense seems to be very young. The lions are hungry and look like they have improved.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

I happen to enjoy punishment, IS THAT OK WITH YOU?!?!?!?

the_grump
    Le Center

Tailgating or lack there of! It seem none of the higher UPS want us to have fun at a game. Bring back Met Stadium!

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

you can’t compare the two

Packer fans will buy anything,including Stock that has no monetary value.
    I think there life long ambition is to be a number, on a list.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Speaking of the Vikes. What is the status of their new stadium?

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Kooty,

Is there anything worth 10 bucks in Minnesota?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Quote:

That’s what DVR is for, record the game, if its good, maybe watch it, if it sucks, deee lete!! I guess we don’t take our football as serious as the State to the East.

Hockey is way more fun anyway

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Well, Wisconsin’s weekend recreation options include getting loaded at a sporting event or poking at a small sheep. I guess we just have more options.

FryDog62

I grew up bleeding Purple…would have given my right arm to have seen the Vikes win one Super Bowl. Then one day I woke up in my mid 30’s (about Denny’s second year) and realized football players are nothing but a bunch of violent men and organized felons. 75% have at least one DUI – half of those 2 or more. Drugs, prostitutes, love boats, dog rings…it goes on and on and on. Saw one former prominent retired married Viking linebacker hit on my wife like a piece of meat at a Health Club once. Right in front of me, he didn’t care (thankfully she did).

Plus its a game that renders these guys crippled – the life expectancy is late 50’s. The more we watch it, the more they will play, get hurt, commit crimes, act like jerks, etc. I turned off the remote in the mid 80’s and started fishing a lot more in the Fall. Wouldn’t change a thing…

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I really enjoy making a nice living in Minnesota only to return home to Hudson and spend a large part of it on WI sports teams and events.
    Oooops, there is the UPS guy with my shipment from Packer Pro Shop and Bucky’s Locker. Gatta go.

bigpike

It’s win now or stay home, with the advancement of high def television, big screen TV’s, NFL network, etc, etc. Then you factor in the cost and hassle of going. $20 parking, $100 tickets, $10 beer. I enjoy a good football game as much as the next guy but it’s basically an investment to go. If your team is not winning why bother? The only exception to that rule is the Packers and you only have to look to the dismal 70’s and 80’s to prove that out. But they are the exception and that is nationally not regionally.

rugs
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

I really enjoy making a nice living in Minnesota only to return home to Hudson and spend a large part of it on WI sports teams and events.
    Oooops, there is the UPS guy with my shipment from Packer Pro Shop and Bucky’s Locker. Gatta go.

We need to go to toll bridges!

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

We need a,”G” tax…. any one caught in the, “Land of Opportunity” ( thats MN for all you border crossers) wearing a Green and Gold garment of any kind, hence (The “G- Tax”) needs to pay a fee!

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

The Vikes won last night. Everybody back on the wagon.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Quote:

They played last night?

FryDog62

Quote:

Quote:

They played last night?

They still have a team? I thought they were going to L.A. ??

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.