STOLEN BOAT!! Eden Pairie

• wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

Stolen today, 2010 Navigator 175 Sport. If seen or have any details please call the EP police department at 952 949 6200 or email officer John Andrews at [email protected]

On the drivers side window support is a bead pet that my step son made me that way something of him was always with me when I went fishing. I will have somebodys head for taking that from me!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Man, sorry to hear this Wes!

I think as anglers we would all like to see your boat heading down the road in front of us with those two motors screaming STOLEN!

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

How’d it happen???

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

Post that on craigslist. Man that just sucks, sorry to hear about that.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Man, sorry to hear this Wes!

X2 I hate thiefs!!!

I will post this on my Facebook page to help get the word out to more people and would ask other here to do the same.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

That really sucks Wes, gives you a sick feeling in the stomach.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Do people really get away with stealing a boat? Hope you get it all back in one piece. Perhaps the police will find it in a parking lot with the perps asphyxiated in the front of their vehicle.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

sorry to read this Wes

keepcasting
    Excelsior

Really sorry to hear that Wes, i hope they get nailed right away. i will definitely be keeping my eyes open here in the west metro. Like someone else said, keep an eye on Craigslist for parts of your boat, electronics, etc for sale.

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

Stu – It was in the parking lot of my apt…..I know….bad place to keep a boat. I went through a divorce this spring and am living in an apt until I get a house purchased.
    Swing tounge was broken down and locked, so the thiefs had to have a hitch pin and bolt cutters ready for this.

because of where it was at, the only gear left inside the boat was life jackets, anchors, rod holders, wind socks. All the other goodies including batteries were in my apt.

It sucks but I can deal with the insurance stuff, but what irks me is the bead pet from my step son that is now missing.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Very sorry to hear about this Wes. Hopefully these thugs will get caught. If there’s anything I can do to help – please don’t hesitate to ask. If nothing else, I’ll get you on the water again in my boat.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Do people really get away with stealing a boat? Hope you get it all back in one piece. Perhaps the police will find it in a parking lot with the perps asphyxiated in the front of their vehicle.

Ever wonder where all those used boat parts on ebay come from?

They take that boat out to a farm somewhere in the middle of nowhere and strip it into pieces. They cut the hulls/trailers up and scrap them for aluminum/steel scrap and everything else is pieced up and sold to another low life who sells the crap off on ebay, craigslist, and various boat supply websites.

The really dumb ones sell the boat whole and hope they can be long gone before the new purchaser goes to change the paperwork at the DMV and finds out it is stolen.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Sorry to hear it Wes, I will be keeping my eyes open for that boat. I hope these jerks get caught. I think I’m going to invest in a trail cam tomorrow

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I’m not sure I would feel any better watching them steal my boat.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Hope they find the boat and you get your kids gift to you back.

You need to get out, I usually have room too or looking for company.

Al

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

No but I would have a good description to give to the cops or keep a stearn eye out for

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Ever wonder where all those used boat parts on ebay come from?

Der, here I was picturing guys taking it out on the lake.

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

B BK – so what your saying, dont buy another aluminum boat?

I never thought about the scrap metal value and was wondering how boat theif gets away with it.

I am still hopefull. I did post a bunch of signs around the property and a lot of people that saw me putting them up recognized the boat right away. So hopefully someone saw something.

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

Wes, sorry to hear that hope it works out in your favor.

These people need a good

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

I am thinking about setting up a sting myself….ooops, I thought I grabbed my water gun!!

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Sure hope ya get it back Wes,
    I’ll keep my eye’s open in the Chaska area.

hanson

Quote:

One of my friends just had his Ranger 621 w/ Merc Verado stolen out in Green Bay while prefishing for a tournament. Had it into a dealer for servicing and they stole it from the dealer. Still haven’t heard if its been recovered or not.

Amazingly, word spreads like wild fire across Facebook and web forums in short order. There’s a pretty large supportive network of folks out there. I just don’t know if its enough.

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

One of my friends just had his Ranger 621 w/ Merc Verado stolen out in Green Bay while prefishing for a tournament. Had it into a dealer for servicing and they stole it from the dealer. Still haven’t heard if its been recovered or not.

They did recover it, whatever was left of it. Was found gutted and stripped in a field and it was torched. Thank god he had/has insurance. His new ride is very nice!

mfreeman451

Quote:

lol

hanson

Quote:

They did recover it, whatever was left of it. Was found gutted and stripped in a field and it was torched. Thank god he had/has insurance. His new ride is very nice!

Must have been too busy over the last week with fishing and work to catch his Facebook post but you are correct. Just a sad situation. Ted Takasaki had owned that boat.

The insurance aspect, I’ve heard a few presentations now from Bob Luellen at Worldwide Marine Insurance at NPAA Conferences and I don’t think I’d have anyone else insure my boat. Robert was insured with them.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

don’t know what to say wes. bad hand, you played it about as well as you could.

since i had to have boats idling for the P4 PubTV doc we did in the spring, we used game cams to keep the station manager happy, and the LEOs on the job said even in their training they’d not seen footage as good as we had and those cameras were $60 and if you didn’t see us put them up, you’d not know they were there. If you add a $20 sending unit from RShack you can have your lap top wake you up (as long as I spend at nite in REM sleep, i’ll sleep thru mine liting up) That might be a sub $100 solution to your situation. I suspect your deduct exceeds $100 several fold. Plus, since it’s felony theft, you have the enjoyment of watching the thieves get tossed in the clinker (most times)

Back in the 80s i lost $100k gear to a crow bar job while we were parked in front of the Loon downtown Mpls. My asst sat and shot pics while i ran uselessly down the street. The pix DID help the cops do a collar, but they were street pros so they didn’t do more than 72.

But, NOW if they raised the crowbar at you, well i know what i’d be doing. screw the holes in the windshield. Suspect with a sympathetic coverage from the right cleavage, i mean reporter, you’d get a donation from a coverage hungry glass shop… What a world we live in…

We also have been researching boots to send along with the guides around here, as their livelihood depends on actually accomplishing being in the field instead of whining about all the problems getting there. Don’t know what the ‘Director Of OffSite Services’ found out…

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Sorry to here about that Wes,

I would suspect someone in the apartment complex would have seen, or know something.

stuart
    Mn.

What a crock of shift.Hope you get it ALL back soon!

mike_v
    carver Mn

That sucks, i work in that area and have seen your boat in the lot many times. I will keep my eyes open for it.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Just like the old west – get Caught stealing a Horse – Get a rope. No different today with stealing a boat

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.