Recycled Fish 24 Hour Fish-a-Thon

• benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

Hey guys and gals!! I know that this is a great website and forum for fishing…so I know that everyone that participates here also cares about the future of the waters we fish. Are you up for the challenge? Is there a specific body of water that you want to raise awareness about. How about a project on that body of water that will affect the fishery in a positive way. We’re donating 50% of the funds raised back to a local project designated by a participating team.

We’d love to have more teams involved and love to have you.. yes you!! LOL.. Take a peak at a recent post on our website regarding the 24 Hour Fish-a-Thon.. if you have any questions at all drop me a note here or send me an email to [email protected] Hurry! Registration ends August 12th.

Great Adventures All!!

Let’s Get All 50 States! | Recycled Fish 24 Hour Fish-a-Thon

mfreeman451

I am nominating pool 2.

Some of the issues I think Pool 2 faces:

Pollution, sediment load, siltation, access, zebra mussels, asian carp

Possible solutions:

Create man-made islands that will control erosion of the existing islands and navigation channel on the river.

Study ways to improve water quality and run-off coming into the Minnesota River, which dumps sediment brought in from it’s watershed into the Mississippi all the way down to Lake Pepin on Pool 4.

Improve and create new boat accesses.

Research and study to determine how at risk Pool 2 is for a zebra mussel invasion. This will help us understand how at risk the river system and then we can appropriately determine what are the next steps to take (lock closures at St. Anthony, ford dam, etc.)

Assess risk to pool 2 for Asian Carp.

Mike – Real Friends of Pool 2

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I agree. Pool 2 is so under rated.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

POOL 4 IS THE PREMIER AND MOST UNIGUE POOL ON THE WHOLE RIVER SYSTEM.! pool 2 is in the cities. YUK!…rrr

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

POOL 4 IS THE PREMIER AND MOST UNIGUE POOL

Can’t arque that.

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Pool 2 has tons of sediment problems. Thats the #1 problem for sure. The floods and rain really do a number to them sandy/muck islands. A few backwaters and side channels are impossible to get into now.

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Forgot to add all of the wave erosion from the tuna boats…

Jake_A

I second Pool 4. Truly underrated fishery for everything that swims.

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

POOL 4 IS THE PREMIER AND MOST UNIGUE POOL ON THE WHOLE RIVER SYSTEM.! pool 2 is in the cities. YUK!…rrr

Agreed – I would never fish pool 2. Pool 4 is the only pool I ever fish. Pool 2 is garbage…

-Drew

big_g
    Isle, MN

Christmas Lake needs new/better gates….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

I second Pool 4. Truly underrated fishery for everything that swims

No, no, no! P2!!

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Pool 2 has tons of sediment problems. Thats the #1 problem for sure. The floods and rain really do a number to them sandy/muck islands. A few backwaters and side channels are impossible to get into now.

…….Whats true for 2 is true for 4. Pool 4 has the same sediment etc etc. I have lived long enough to see more changes than i want.! I have seen islands spring up were there never was a island. Islands that are GONE that been there 4 ever. Backwater cuts that were 10 to 20ft. deep. Now they have TREES growing there. POINT. ALL POOLS ARE IN TROUBLE.!!!……..rrr

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.