Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

She wasn’t seriously injured.

Which one?

Prestige
    Elgin, MN

Mandatory drivers test every liscence renewal after 60. Every year after 75 or so. Some people should not be driving.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ll tell you how it happens. They let 72 year old people drive.

You got to admire her moxie though. If I went into a ditch that rough and managed to get it back onto the road. I would have to stop just to collect myself.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

For some reason this reminds me of my grandma… who once drove away from the gas pump, nozzle still in the filler tube.

She actually drove to my aunt’s house for coffee with the nozzle still in the tank. Didn’t even know it had happened till a cop knocked on the door… “Umm, Jessie, come with me for a sec? There’s something I need to show you…”

‘Course all the cops in town knew her. The cop took the nozzle back to the station, her car insurance paid for the damages, and everyone had a good laugh at her expense.

There’s something to be said for living in Mayberry…

stevenoak

Sounds like the story of Joe Dirt!

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Don’t pick on the Blue hairs,gosh if my mother was told she had to retest every year for her license?

Well the DMV could not handle that one.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

They pulled my Grandma’s license a couple years ago (thankfully) after quite a few run-ins. My dad told me that the guy at his auto-repair shop was actually stockpiling parts like mirrors, etc. for her car.

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

Quote:

For some reason this reminds me of my grandma… who once drove away from the gas pump, nozzle still in the filler tube.

Don’t need to be old to do this. I knew a 30 something gal that did this 😏

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Grandma is going to have to cough up something pretty darn nice for Christmas this year to make up for that one

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Sure glad it’s only the old farts that don’t know how to drive…

You should try adding about 95% of the people on the road to that yearly (improved) drivers test.

Nothing like seeing some young gal so close you can’t see her headlights in the rear view mirror and she’s busy texting away, at 65mph….uh huh..it’s only the old ones huh?

Wonder if the kid had her seat belt on?
    Al

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

In a recent survey, 95% of the drivers polled said they were above average drivers.

Can’t argue with facts.

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

I bet the driver or the 15 year old got a no seat belt ticket too.

jerry b
    western WI

Quote:

In a recent survey, 95% of the drivers polled said they were above average drivers.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Quote:

Can’t argue with facts.

Yes, but another recent study proved that 72.663% of statistics are unsubstantiated and made up on the spot.

desperado

five out of every four people surveyed don’t understand fractions

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Watched a elderly lady a few years back back her car out of the garage across the ally and into the neighbors garage wall. From there she pulled forward and into the telephone pole. Backed up again almost into the neighbors garage wall but got stuck on the pile of snow there. From here she puts it in drive and I bet put the peddle tot he floor. Thank god the snow and ice had her pretty well stuck by then. When I walked up to her she wanted to know if I could push her out of the bank. Funny as the scene was there was no chance in heck that was going to happen. She then tells me she needs to get the vehicle to the repair shop because the breaks are not working.

Didnt South Park do a show on this?

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

five out of every four people surveyed don’t understand fractions

We must have went to the same High school

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.