Help Boat Transaction ?

• bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

Hey Guys need your opinion. I,m selling my boat on craigslist and I received an offer that I’m a little skeptical about as far as the payment and pickup terms.
    I would like to here your thoughts and opinions on this deal here is the e-mail I receive from potential buyer.
    Does this sound like a legitimate buisness deal or not?

Thank You for your insight,
    Rick

Thanks for your mail. Am interested in buying this and i will paying you the asking price so consider me as your favorite buyer as i will like to have some more pictures if you have them. I would be glad to pay for it as soon as possible though i will not be available to come for an inspection due to my flexible schedule. I will be paying you with my PayPal Account because it’s attached to my Bank Account and its safe and very secure way to make payment online. If my mode of payment is accepted kindly email me with the information below to proceed with the payment.

1) What is the condition?

2) Are you the first owner?

3) Your PayPal email address or send me an invoice

4) Your full name, # & picked up location address.

And if you dont have paypal you can easily setup one visit http://www.paypal.com and get back to me with your paypal email address and the full name you use to register,after the payment has gone through my pick up agent will contact you and make a pick up arrangement with you,i wont be able to call you the only means of communication is via email.
    Regards,
    Jason

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Scam…. Run and delete the email

The fake buyer urged Wolek to join PayPal – then promised to overpay by $2500 to cover transportation fees. Then the buyer wanted Wolek to wire him back the overpayment.

“That’s when it didn’t smell right to me,” said Wolek, a retired post master from Oklahoma.

The fake seller than sent a fake email pretending to be from PayPal.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Sounds too good to be true to me.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

Almost word for word, same scam I received when selling my boat on Craigslist, actually got two different senders with same letter, except for signature, also had one wanting to use my PayPal account.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

get back to me with your paypal email address and the full name you use to register

Big red flag.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

LAME

Tell him you will send pics after he sends a pic of himself infront of his computer with your craigslist add.

midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

I would say scam as well.

I sold my boat on Craigslist last fall. I made the mistake of including an e-mail and got a bunch of this type of response, even agreeing to pay to have the boat shipped to them out east. I would reply to the e-mail requesting a telephone call and would get no response back. Advice go back to your original ad on Craigslist and include only a phone number. I did sell the boat via Craigslist so not bashing that forum just want to deal/talk with a person. Also make sure you get cash or a cashiers check, I am kind of old school on this.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

FYI, they tell you their agent will be picking it up for them in a followup email.

BUT, if you tell them to transfer the money to their pickup agent and have them bring cash
    You will surprisingly never hear from them again

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Scam.

Assuming this is the first correspondence you’ve had with this person, here’s how you tell…

There’s no mention of the word boat in the offer…its a phishing scam.

JP

tsamp
    eldora, iowa

X10

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

consider me as your favorite buyer …

Lil Guppy
    Lake City, Mn

I’ve seen the same thing a handful of times. Its definately a scammer.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Reply and tell them you can only be reached at this number.

(763) 569-8000 ask them to ask for the cyber crimes division.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Run Forest Run…

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

Forest is running faster with every post I read.
    Thanks to all of you

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

scam!!!!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Total scam. Got about 5 of these emails last time I sold a boat on CL.

As someone else said, the key is that they don’t mention what “it” is that they are so interested in buying.

Grouse

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.