heart attack

• grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

on 6/24 & 6/27, findings blood clot and inserted 2 stints and maybe 2 more later, scary..don’t ignore the early warning signs,,and have yourself checked out on a regular basis..recouping now..I am 64 and thought I was in good shape.

big_g
    Isle, MN

good they caught it what were some of the early signs ???

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Yea, what are some early signs that most of us would ignore?

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

glad you made it. i’m 64 also and have heart problems inthe family. i take a beta blocker and thinners every day. and i pray.
    every day i wake up is another gift…

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Quote:

on 6/24 & 6/27, findings blood clot and inserted 2 stints and maybe 2 more later, scary..don’t ignore the early warning signs,,and have yourself checked out on a regular basis..recouping now..I am 64 and thought I was in good shape.

Hang in there. Your not missing anything right now, but the walleye bite will be smoking again in just a few short months!

jerry b
    western WI

what were some of the early signs ???

Mine was at the time I thought I was still invincable (50). Sick to my stomach, big time hurt, kinda like an impacted tooth on the left side of my face. Finally got so bad I pulled into the hospital parking lot @ New Richmond. Walked (weaved) into the lobby, somebody hit the back of my legs with a wheel chair and we were headed for the emergency room. Hour later I was in Coronary Care full of needles and sensors. Later on the doc came in to check on me. “Close one” he said. I pay a lot better attention now jerr

jakefroyum

This is just directed at a general audiance. I’m an EMT and some people would rather die than to bother anyone with their problem…so they do. So what if you call the ambulance for chest pain or something that doesn’t feel right. People do it all the time and we are always happy to help. Paying for an ambulance that you might not have needed is better than not callng one when you do.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Friend of mine just dropped dead of a heart attack on Saturday. He was 34 with no history of any heart issues. Sounds like he was showing some warning signs on Saturday and ignored them. When in doubt, get checked out. The life you save may be your own.

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

small chest pain localized over maybe a year, then the BIG CHEST PAIN HITS (area was hard, hard to breathe), I had 3 heart attacks 2 on saturday and the eye opener on weds, and was just lucky..CLOT, could have turned out so much worse..thanks LORD

Workboot
    Coon Rapids, MN

Glad to hear you’re feeling better. We should all take much better care and be aware of the signs. God bless

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Glad you caught it! Many are not as lucky. Best wishes for a speedy recovery

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Glad to hear you’ll still see the sun come up … I’m also the same age as you, Take good care and God bless..

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

THANKS EVERYONE

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

As a paramedic, I see chest pain calls on a daily basis. Some are the real deal and others are from causes other than the heart. However here are some common signs/symptoms:

Shortness of breath
    Chest pain that cannot be isolated to one spot
    Radiation of pain to the left arm, neck, jaw, or between the shoulder blades
    Profuse sweating
    Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea

Chest pain can be described as someone standing on your chest, dull pressure, tightening of the chest, to name a few. Most of the true cardiac related chest pains will be pain that no matter what you do will not go away. It can start of as a nagging pain that escalates or it could start off with severe pain.

My advice to anyone with chest pain, call for help immediately. I would rather be called to your location while you are still breathing. There are too many people that think it will go away out of denial, by that time heart muscle is lost or worse, you have a cardiac arrest and the chances of bringing you back are slim to none.

Today’s paramedics are well trained and carry all the medications in our ambulance that are in the ER for cardiac situations. Remember, time is muscle. Once cardiac muscle is damaged, there is no reversal.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.