Fish Audio App

• stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

heard mention of a fish sounds app available. (my apologies if this has been posted previously) ostensibly you run it with underwater speakers (sold separately) and it’s supposed to CALL fish…

any further info? I’ve use ion downriggers with mixed success, but i wouldn’t be against trying this…

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Stu,

Let me know when you’re going to drive around with downriggers down with your phone taped to them. I need to see this.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

I believe this is what you are looking for.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

Well, we know these fish school and communicate with each other. Doubt that all those communications are visual. Porpoises ‘talk’ to one another..

So, i’m thinking that an IR broadcast of ‘Fish Talk’ to an IR receiver on a cannon ball might NOT be that dumb…

Now to study my walleye translation dictionary…

brucea
    Maplewood,MN

Do we now have to communicate with fish to put them in the boat!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Well, we know these fish school and communicate with each other. Doubt that all those communications are visual. Porpoises ‘talk’ to one another..

Porpoises aren’t fish, Dr. Doolittle.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I think a lot of people give these fish to much credit. Are they semi intelligent, yes. Can they be hard to catch, yes.

Walleyes are driven by environmental forces and needs. As far as audio goes, I’ve seen baits with rattles make a difference, but typically it’s in dirtier water which makes sense to me at least. Tomorrow when I’m fishing, maybe I’ll blast some Black Eyed Peas with the theory that if heavy human girls like them, maybe heavy female Walleyes will too.

Anything is worth a shot I guess, but I’d rather spend my time finding fish and catching them than hoping to stumble on something that makes them come to me. Man has been trying to do that since the dawn of time and has yet to succeed. Water is not our natural environment and we have so little control over it. We have to adapt to it not the other way around.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Quote:

Porpoises aren’t fish, Dr. Doolittle.

Show a little respect and pronounce it right.

Dr. Stulittle

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Wonder if the Color C Lector is still out there?

Stu, just giving you crap.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

I believe this is what you are looking for.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Stu, are you referring to the app by Dr. Juice?

Talk with Fish

I guess herring farts really lure them in.

Sully

riverfisher
    Cedar Falls, IA

Clonk!! I saw a video one time of an IDO celebrity demonstrating how to use a clonk!

mplspug demo

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Quote:

IDO celebrity

Great, now he’ll never shut up

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I can’t watch the video right now. Is that the one where Pugs in the bathtub and he mistakenly grabs the wrong clonk?

Oh, wait. He wasn’t going to post that one.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

“Wonder if the Color C Lector is still out there?”

I had one, my buddy gave it to me from a box of stuff he bought at an auction. I either sold it in our garage sale last year or threw it away, can’t remember which.

riverfisher
    Cedar Falls, IA

Quote:

I can’t watch the video right now. Is that the one where Pugs in the bathtub and he mistakenly grabs the wrong clonk?

Oh, wait. He wasn’t going to post that one.

I hope he doesn’t “accidentally” leak that one to gain more of a celebrity status! Seems like that’s the in thing famous people to do nowadays.

Maybe the clonk can smash AIS inbetween bites…

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

What Juice is doing is what i was thinking about.

As opposed to Wim, I think the fish are WAY smarter than we give them credit for. Some of that ‘intelligence’ may be genetic instinct, but none the less, it qualifies in my book.

In the ’80s i was involved in putting down some of the first underwater cameras (i was chosen as i was one of the few fishing photographers in Mpls) We shot film underwater, down to about 60ft. I saw some pretty amazing things, many that i still do not understand. it truly convinced me that the fish were a LOT smarter than we gave them credit for being.

Do they ‘talk’? Probably not in the way that we use the word, but they definitely use sound to communicate with each other. Our videos were silent, but i do believe that they use sound.

Anybody have any contact numbers for Dr. Juice?? Name?? I want to talk with him…

stuart
    Mn.

I married an Italian [censored] and some of her family sleeps with the fishes.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Fishing is what you make of it. If you want to spend all of your time trying to invent new ways to make fish come to you, that’s fine. Here are the things that I know to be facts about fishing.

1. You can’t catch fish if there aren’t any where you are fishing.
    2. You can’t make the fish bite a lure/bait that they don’t want, you need to adapt to them.
    3. No piece of electronics or gizmo will ever be a replacement for experience and using common sense and logic.
    4. Take info from others for what it is. If you’re told something and want to try it, try it, but don’t do something totally different then claim it doesn’t work.
    5. Fishing your own spots is great, keep them to yourself if you want them to remain “your own” spots
    6. The more you complicate fishing, the less fun it becomes. If you’re not enjoying the little things, are you really having fun?

To each his own, I guess I’ll just keep catching fish instead of trying to invent ways to do what I’m already doing.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

Wim-
    I don’t disagree with anything you say. It’s kinda like when i designed the first deer decoy. More deer came by me. Bigger bucks. I could have shot them with a flint arrowhead or a razor sharp titanium blade. I didn’t see a difference. i was happy that i was seeing more bucks.

Same here…

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Yep,

Reminds me of when Al Gore and I invented the internet that night.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

Well, actually I have a column that Ron Schara wrote about me bringing the first decoy up into his office that day, photos, the works. Mid ’80s if i remember correctly.

Now, regarding the internet, i wasn’t involved. I did do beta testing on WordForWindows 1.1b and have a nice letter from Bill Gates thanking me for my work on that…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

But do you have a “I survive 2011 @ Everts Resort” tee shirt?

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

No, i do not. Is there an extra??

Is it a premium to a net purchase??

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Son of a… I thought I changed the privacy settings on that damn video!

I’ve heard of things going wrong in 3s, but yesterday and today has been like pool 4 after 20 inches of rain.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.