Colorado fires

• jerry b
    western WI

From my #1 son in Colorado. People down there are really getting hammered- -jerr

drew-evans
    rochester MN

wow dosnt even look real! kinda like a volcano erupting!! couldnt imagine the feeling watching a storm like that coming down on you!!

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Living in Iowa all my life I’d never seen a wildfire other than a prairie burning. There was a fire in the mountains 5 miles from my house, 1400 acres, started on Monday. Came out of work and it looked like that picture. The fires are intense, that’s all I can say. The fire looked dead, no smoke Tuesday morning, the wind picked up and it flared up again. Wednesday night and they are still using 3 helicopters to pour water on it. The whole town was choked with smoke, I actually got in my truck and drove away into the mountains when the wind switched and started smoking my house out.

The Colorado fires look really bad, so close to so many people.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’ve got family that lives in the Wellington/Fort Collins area. The pics that my b.i.l. are equally intense. He has talked for years that it was just a matter of when. So far, they have figured that lightning has ignited most of the fires, which is a natural occurrence. Many beautiful homes built in the mountains, taking advantage of some of the best views on earth. But with wildfires being a natural thing, and building a home amongst the kindling, hard to imagine that devastation wouldn’t eventually happen.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.