In-Depthangling.com Visitor Pic

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Here is a picture that came to me from Kenneth Noll and here is what Ken had to say about his catch

Quote:

HI, I Thought you might me interested in the fish my son caught on Lake Pepin near Pine Creek Saturday morning. He was casting a white Mr Twister for Small Mouth Bass, when this beauty hit. I got this photo & released him. Thank You Kenneth

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Wow! Another Brown trout. Fellow Staffer Steve Plantz caught one yesterday while fishing Red Wing but thats ALOT closer to hay creek. Just goes to show you never know what you will catch on the Mississippi River and where so be sure and bring your camera to share the fish pics with everyone.
    Thanks, Bill

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

6 LBS!

That’s a Great Lakes Brown! Many of us dream of going out west to get into one of that size. I would say….that was a fish of a lifetime on the Mississippi! With releasing her…there’s a chance that someone else will have a chance at a fish of a lifetime! Congrats!

I hope you have more than one picture!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Nice Brown Ken, and good job on the CPR

This Brown Trout was a team effort by Paul Laube AKA Mo-fishn-n-huntn & myself. We were trolling 3-ways with live bait I was driving the boat and Paul was running the lines.

This one was not as big as Kens, about 16″, this one was released also

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Pretty soon they will be targeting those beauties in the Pepin area. Nice trout!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

No joke. My wife caught a Brookie that went 2 and a half pounds on pool 9 a few years back. She has to be the luckiest person I have ever fished with. Her first walleye was 6 and half pounds.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

You folks that hook into these trout need to fish the Golden Trout ice fishing touney in Forrest Lake, MN. The release a tagged trout and if you land it, you win a new house (well that’s what it was a few years back).

Catching a trout in the Miss…to me is like trying to pick up a needle in a hay stack with a Rapala and a bait caster.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Trying to catch one intentionally would likely be a long shot, to say the least, but it does happen much more often than one would ever imagine. I caught 3 browns in about a one week span this spring, early April. One on a jig n’ minnow and the other 2 on ringies. None of them were anywhere near as big as the one shown in the post above but they all looked quite healthy and fat.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

would you need a trout stamp to keep them?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sure would! Rivers and Streams…I don’t think you could get by with a Great Lakes stamp!

Since most trout thrive in waters less than 60 degrees, I would guess thay all go back into the streams when the temp rises. But how does a 6 lbs survive in a stream/river that we have around here?

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Sure would! Rivers and Streams…I don’t think you could get by with a Great Lakes stamp!

Since most trout thrive in waters less than 60 degrees, I would guess thay all go back into the streams when the temp rises. But how does a 6 lbs survive in a stream/river that we have around here?

Don’t let the size of the streams aroung here fool ya. I have two browns on the wall that are both over 27″. Both were caught on local streams. I have heard of trout coming out of the Rush that wieghed well over 10 LBS.

Gator Hunter

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.