Anyone headed to Harriet on July 13th?

• brian_j

I’m thinking about stopping by there around noon on the 13th (the first day of the inspections). I’m not talking about protesting or anything like that I just want to see what this is all about. I’m sure they’ll be news crews around and maybe one of us fisherman can tell our side of the story.

I’ll admit I do have a little bit of a hidden agenda, I have a strong suspicion that all the kayaks, canoes and paddle boards won’t be subjected to the inspection like say a guy in a Gas Guzzling 2005 Stratos will be.

No boat I’ll be on foot. I’ll be wearing a Musky Hunter hat and I look like the guy in my avatar <—

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

What exactly would be your side of the story?

Dog

Grouse_Dog

You need to read the press release…

Kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, wind surfers, etc. They are not subject to the landing rules.

Dog

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Let’s get approx 50+ boats lined up along Lake Street & East Calhoun Parkway.

Line up starting at 5:00am, access is just South of Lake Street on West side of East Calhoun Parkway.

We should get IDO Fishing Flags made up and flying from every vehicle antenna and on every boat.

If we organize this right we could have 20-50 boats at every access, we should also reach out to the Sail Boating Community and have a number of them join us.

Remember, Trolling Motors Only, No Gas Motors allowed on Mpls. City Lakes.

Grouse_Dog

I have to tell you…..

This type of protest would really send a message…..

You could block traffic – both ways at Calhoun and Harriet – right during rush hour on Friday AM.

It would be impressive!!!!

Dog

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

I’ll be there fishin’ during “closed” hours.

rugs
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

I have to tell you…..

You could block traffic – both ways at Calhoun and Harriet – right during rush hour on Friday AM.

Dog

We should shoot for 6pm so people could go after work. I would love to join in the line up and totally jam up the the Friday night traffic.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Dont forget to put your plug in you wouldnt want to have to go back and get your truck and have everyone waiting for you slowing everything up.

Maybe get your wives and girl friends to back in the trailers

coleycrawler
    Minneapolis

I will back in some trailers…
    I’m amazing at that!!!

ill be there the 13th too!

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Quote:

Quote:

I have to tell you…..

Dog

We should shoot for 6pm so people could go after work. I would love to join in the line up and totally jam up the the Friday night traffic.

We could do both, am & pm,
    Some of us won’t have to launch, just hi get inspected and head to, then work,.then return after work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.